Chapter 47 (edited)

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

There was a white flash and string of electricity stood were Ed stood.

My stomach dropped as I stared at his now empty spot.

"Fullmetal!" I shouted.

There was silence between us, each of us stood trying to process what had just happened.

"He disappeared.." Hawkeyes voice shook.

The reality of the situation set in and I glared at the doctor. "What did you do?"

The rest of the men started attacking again, all at once.

I grunted as I fought against one. This time was different, now I was angry, again. Nice theme.

I snapped my fingers, but instead of flames sparks and strings of electricity generated.

I managed to shock a few of them, momentarily disabling them.

I could tell the doctor was talking but I was too caught up in my own anger and the current battle to even pay attention.

Where did you send him...?

I know I could've squeezed this part into last chapter but I wanted the dramatic cliffhanger lol

(Hunter's POV) (promised day, central) (TW; blood)

The ground around us shook violently, though I didn't care at this point, I kept my gaze locked on Buccaneer. I sat next to him, he wasn't dead but he wasn't okay either.

Smith, William and Moscow stood around us, all looking at the Captain.

Smith held gauze to Buccaneers wound, as if it would help him.

"What do you think Major?" Smith looked at me.

I didn't answer. You don't want to know what I think...

The girl who I assume is Fu's granddaughter was at his side. I glanced at Fu, he was gone. I'm sorry I couldn't help you...

I looked at the girl. That's the girl I helped Knox with. Huh... I wondered what became of her.

Falman, Harvey and Hayes, along with the others kept open fire in the shaft, shooting at more garrisons as they came up. They'll run out of ammunition soon and will have to switch to rifles.

Meanwhile Greed and Bradley kept going at it. I paid no mind to that either. That didn't matter to me anymore.

But the sound of a crashing wall caught my attention.

I looked up and found Greed hanging off the edge. It looked like he was struggling, I only assumed Bradley was hanging onto him otherwise he'd pull himself up.

I kept my gaze on them, not really moving.

I could hear him grunting loudly. I stood up and just as I did the granddaughter swiftly made her way to the edge and caught Greed.

She stayed there, holding onto him.

"What're you doing? Don't be stupid! Stay out of this damn it!" Greed yelled at her.

"But I must. It's my solemn vow to make sure you're safe." She grunted.

"You know your automail can't support this much weight for very long! Now let go and take care of the old man!" He suddenly paused.

The girl went quiet, almost whispering.

I looked around at the rest of the guys. Why aren't they helping? Do I have to order them? Do they lack common sense?