Chapter 65 (edited)

(Kind of a rocky start, bear with me)

(Hunter's POV)

I sat in the back of a moving truck with the squad, Miles and Scar were already in Ishval. And we were being taken to our post.

The plan was that we surround the military base in the city, corner them and force them out.

I gripped onto my handgun as we got closer. Feeling all nervous and jittery. I didn't have that big of a role but.. still.

"Why the hell did you come?!" Falman looked at me and I glared at him. "You shouldn't have come until we sorted this out!"

"Leave her alone." Havoc whispered back at him. "She has every right to be here."

I smiled, mouthing the words 'thank you' to him.

It's true, none of them wanted me to come, even Miles was against the idea. But it wasn't their choice to make. Sure maybe I wasn't in the right mindset just yet, but I needed to be here. This was something I needed to be apart of.

Soon the truck stopped and my anxiety only worsened. I don't even know why, this wasn't that big of a deal; we piled out.

I stayed low to the ground, gun in hand.

Ahh yes, the Eastern Desert. Just shy of the Eastern boarder.

I followed Havoc and Breda, Fury and Falman with each other, and Roy and Riza as a pair, of course.

Roy would go in first to try to negotiate and we would be covering him on all sides. The rest of our battalion were now at their posts, they were scattered around the city

Since Scar knew people on the inside, he told them of our coming and assured them we were not here to cause anymore trouble.

They started making their walk to the military base. I kept my eyes on Roy and Riza as I followed Havoc and Breda.

We stopped and watched closely.

Soldiers came out, guns pointed at them.

None of that 'kill shot' Briggs shit, okay? I groaned remembering the words Roy said to me before we drove here. I had a clear shot of them, and if it were up to me.. well, let's just say they'd already be on the ground.

"He'll be fine." Breda noticed my tension.

"More of us should've gone with him. It doesn't sit right with me that it's just the two of them." I cocked my head towards their base. "They've got a whole garrison in there."

"And we've got a whole battalion surrounding them." Havoc argued.

"Even so, if I hear a gunshot, I won't hesitate to open fire. Real fire." I reasoned, gun still aimed and ignition gloves already on.

"And we'll be right behind you." Havoc had his rifle aimed at the building too.

I looked back at the base, they were still negotiating. Though it looked as if it wasn't going too well.

"Why aren't you down there?" Havoc glanced at me. "You're the General in charge."

I glared at him, taking my eyes off Roy for a few seconds. "You know why."

He went quiet.

"Nice one Havoc." Breda scoffed.