Chapter 57 (edited)

(Hunter's POV)

The next morning I walked down the hall leading to Roy's room.

This time there was no guard, surprisingly.

I knocked and reached for the doorknob but missed, so my hand just floated.. in the air. I growled and swung my hand around a little, looking for the knob. God damn it..

Breda opened the door, which made me jump. Fuck...! I had interrupted whatever they were doing.

"Devlin." He held a book in his hand and stepped out of my way.

I stepped in with my report form in hand and a pen. "I uh... need to write a report for Buccaneers death.." I paused. "....And I didn't want to write it alone."

"Come in." Riza smiled.

"There's a chair next to the Colonel." Breda pointed at the side of Roy's bed. "If you want to sit there."

I glanced at it and without hesitating, I took the spot next to him. He jumped hearing me adjust the chair, he looked surprised.

Once I was comfortable, I started writing. My stomach turned and my hands trembled writing down every detail and the times that everything had occurred at.

From securing the gate, to Buccaneer, to Fu, to Greed showing up, to the arms, the final battle and everything in between.

Every decision I made after I took lead of the battalion and every minute that passed after.

Everything was recorded and would be stored.

I glanced at Roy every now and then, it gave me a little comfort. It's what got me through.

Actually writing it on paper only solidified the harsh reality. It almost felt as if I was up on the gate again.

Once I was done, I put my pen down and placed my report in a file ready to give to Armstrong.

Falman walked into the room with Fury carrying a huge pile of books.

"I found more material." He placed the books down.

"Good. We're almost through with this one." Breda glanced at him.

"What.. are you guys doing?" I looked at them. I didn't bother paying attention to their.. little thing.

"Oh, I didn't know you were here." Fury looked at me.

"I'm learning everything I can about Ishval before I become Furher." Roy explained.

I looked at him, and he's so confident that he's gonna the Furher- I mean he probably will become Furher but.. confidence was not one of his strong suits.

"I want to help rebuild and make amends with them. It's the least I can do."

It made me happy to hear that, it was a really nice idea and it made me want to be apart of it. That's.. not a bad idea.

"That sounds great." I smiled.

I glanced back at Roy and watched a small smile flash across his face before Breda interrupted.

"Okay focus. What's the name of their God?"

Roy thought a moment.

I looked at them. Oh my god... that's the easiest question- I quickly raised my hand.

"Mmmm." Breda played along and pointed at me. "Devlin."

"Ishvala."

"That's correct." Breda nodded. "Gold star."