Chapter 51 (edited)

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

"Let's just get up the the surface." Major Armstrong's voice appeared.

So he's here too...

Hawkeye helped me up and guided me onto another platform.

"Heading up." Major Armstrong announced.

The platform lifted but then came to a stop.

"Greed!" It was the hairy chimeras voice.

"Gorius!" And the voice from before.

So that's his name? Gorius.

"You alright?"

"Perfect! Now how 'bout a lift?" Greed's voice came closer. "You could use someone who knows what's going on right?"

"That's true." Gorius admitted. "What the hell is happening?"

"Oh not much! The father of the Homunculi is going berserk out there! So let's go!" He sounded sarcastic. "We'll need anyone who can still fight!"

He paused.

"You! The fat frog man and the two women, get out! You're injured!" He demanded.

"Absolutely not! I still have forces who need me to lead them!" General Armstrong argued.

I stood still, listening to them argue.

"Forget that! Get down here now! This is no time for a pissing contest over who's in charge! Besides! The other female officer seems to be handling your forces just fine!"

Female officer? Hunter??? He was with her??

"I'm not taking orders from you-" She was cut off.

"General! A message from headquarters sir."

"Operations, it's me." She spoke. "What's happening?"

"General... it's the Central command centre." It sounded like Karley. "Half of its been blown up!"

I gasped lightly, hearing the news.

"Blown up?"

"We can't contact the north gate.."

The room fell quiet.

"You see the power he has?" Greed sounded soft.

"What sort of monster is he?" Major Armstrong questioned him.

"He appears to be an ordinary man, however, within him is a philosopher stone powered by many thousands of people. You could say he's used his energy to claim the powers of god for himself."

My face hardened as Greed explained the situation to them. He described it perfectly.

"As Alchemists you understand the trouble this presents." He finished.

"All to well." The Majors voice hardened.

"Any ordinary human should leave now." Greed made a good point.

"My men are still fighting. I will not just abandon my forces. I have a duty as their commanding officer." The General continued to protest.

"General. It's Devlin squad."

I took a harsh breath and my heart jumped.