Chapter 30 (revised)

(Hunter's POV)

The main entrance looked exactly as I remembered it.

"So, what happened to Ed's arm?" I nudged Winry.

She scoffed. "That idiot came without telling me first, and you have to adjust your automail before coming up here."

"So his automail froze up." I nodded.

My eyes darted to the two people approaching us and my stomach dropped when I realized it was Kimblee and Miles.

"General Devlin!" Kimblee walked towards us with his arms out. "Gentlemen, glad you could join me." He looked at the four standing behind me.

I glared at him, letting a sigh slip under my breath.

"Oh now, what's that look? We're old war buddies! Can't we be civil?" His voice sounded as taunting as I remember.

He looked at Winry. "And you must be the Fullmetal alchemists friend." He held his hand out.

She shook his hand, letting out a small giggle. "Yes, I am."

"Well come this way. I'll take you to him." He gestured her to follow her.

I grabbed his wrist tightly, he glared at me, almost buckling from the pressure I was applying. "I was only granted state alchemist because you requested me, but that's still equivalent to Major, so I'd prefer to be addressed as such. No Devlin or Hunter or General."

"Bradley took my rankings and discharged me." I leaned closer and whispered. "And if you pull any stunts while I'm here, I'll have your throat."

He tried pulling away, I forcefully pulled him back. "I don't care if you're under the protection of the Homunculi. And I'm back where I belong and these people have my back no matter what, so I'd be careful."

He scoffed and pulled away, forcefully pulling his wrist from my hand; I let him slip through my hand. We exchanged glared before he turned to Winry.

"Right this way Miss Rockbell." He stepped passed me and towards Winry, escorting her to wherever Ed was.

I could feel Miles' eyes burning into me. I lowered my head before glancing at him. He held no expression but I could tell he was confused with my discharge.

Instead of saying anything, I walked passed him and followed the group.

"Devlin!" He called me.

I caught up to them in the hall and I realized that we were going downstairs, where they kept prisoners. Ed and Al are down here??

Oh well, I'm not surprised, knowing Armstrong and all.

We came to a door. "Wait here." Kimblee went in. I could hear them going back and fourth. And then Winry opened the door and walked in.

"Hey! Wait!" I grabbed the door handle and followed her in. I found Kimblee standing in front of Ed and Al's cell. They were all gained up.

They both let out a horrified when Winry stood next to Kimblee.

"WINRYYY!"

"WHY DID YOU COME HERE??!"

"Why?! Why do you think?!" She snapped back. "You have to adjust your automail for the North, don't you?" She pointed at them. "And just what are you doing in that cell?"

"We didn't ask you to come here!" Ed grumbled.

"What's with you.." She stepped back. "I was worried about you idiot! Someone from the military contacted me so I came!"