Chapter 49 (edited)

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

I found myself still pinned and the circle around Bradley and I still lit.

I grunted as Bradley towered over me.

"I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to resort to this. But there is no choice, we've run out of time now." Salem broke the silence.

I glanced at him, resting my head against the floor. You can't be serious?

"Whether you like it or not, we're going to force you to open the portal. Prepare yourself." Bradley advised me.

"No, I won't do it." My voice shook.

"As I said, it doesn't matter if you want to. Pride has just assimilated an alchemist who possesses knowledge of human transmutation." He continued on.

Suddenly the body above us started grunting and thrashing. I looked up passed Bradley's burnt face and watched the man struggle.

I glared and my jaw tightened looking at him.

"He has the necessary formula." He finished.

Tiny black arms entered my peripheral and wrapped around my neck, I flinched letting out a gasp as they tightened around me.

"He's safely pinned. Move back Wrath. Now." Selim spoke.

Bradley stepped off me and removed his swords. Loud gasps left my mouth as they were removed. The wound in my hands felt hot and they throbbed.

The adrenaline hadn't kicked in yet so I felt everything. My glared harshly at Bradley as stepped away.

Lifting my head, my eyes followed him. Anger filled my body the more I stared at him. Bastard..

He coughed, causing him to stop just outside the circle. "I wonder," He glanced back at me. "What will be taken from you in exchange, Mustang."

Even more frustration took over as the words left his mouth. I glared at him, I didn't care that the tiny arms grabbed at my face, all I wanted in that moment was to stick his sword right up his-

Suddenly massive amounts of electricity shocked my body. My eyes widened and I screamed loudly as pain engulfed my body.

My screams echoed off the walls.

The light grew brighter and brighter causing more electricity to shock me.

I opened my eyes and was flung through a door. I then found myself in a white room. My heart beat against my chest and I looked at my surroundings. Where am I??

Something caught my sight.

I flinched, whipping my head around I was met with some white figure standing in front of a door.

It laughed and smiled and then the door behind it opened.

My eyes widened and shaky breaths left my mouth as I came face to face with what was inside.

Terror and anxiety took control as I stared at the inside. A huge eye appeared in the centre and I was thrown in.

Everything happened in the blink of an eye, I saw so much and yet, I saw nothing. There was everything and then, there was nothing.

It was over just as fast as it happened. Everything I saw suddenly stopped and it was dark.

I could tell I was brought through another door but this time I didn't see a white light, I didn't see anything, it was dark.

There was a pause and then I felt as if I were falling.

I hit a surface with a thud.

"Colonel!"