Chapter 12 (revised)

(Hunter's POV)

"How dare you ask me that." I was insulted.

I got in his face, or at least tried to, he's a very tall man. "You think I'd sell out one of my own?"

"No! That isn't what I meant!" He stepped back.

"Well it sounds like it! I like Ross. I wouldn't do anything to mess with her career."

He held his hands up. "Devlin please calm down. I didn't mean anything."

"Then why ask?" I looked at him.

"She informed me about the Elric incident, and that you were upset with her. I thought that-"

"You thought that I was so angry that I accused her." I cut him off. I scoffed. "Un-fucking-believable."

"Forget I asked. I'm sorry."

"Who even accused her?"

He shrugged. "I haven't been informed of anything yet."

I made my way to the door.

"Again Devlin, I'm sorry for asking."

"Armstrong, I think someone's framing her. Someone above us." I gestured to the Amestris flag that was pinned to the wall.

"I'd keep an eye out." Hopefully he gets the message.

"I definitely will Major."

"You didn't hear it from me." I opened the door. "And if it helps, I'm still in good graces with the Generals up North. I could pull a few strings if necessary."

"That's quite alright Devlin."

"You know it wasn't her, right?" I was completely sure of myself.

"I know."

I walked into the office, Roy didn't bother looking at me, which made me feel even worse.

And Riza's not back yet. Ooohhh, I wish she'd hurry and come back.

"Finally, you've been gone for 20 minutes." Havoc stood up.

"Yeah, yeah." I handed him the pile and sat down, waiting for him to divide the pile and hand me my share.

I glanced at Roy again, he kept his head down, seemingly invested in what he was doing.

Meanwhile I was mentally kicking myself over for how I reacted. How dumb of me.

"Devlin Corporation!" Fuery's voice made me flinch.

"That's where I knew your name from!" He gestured to me.

"Oh?"

"Your mother is Ruth Devlin, she basically manufactures all of the communication equipment for the military." And he just went on and on and on about my mother's company.

I tuned him out, I didn't need a history on what my mother manufactures when she calls me every few days to tell me about it.

Breda snickered. "So you come from a wealthy family?"

I sighed. "Yes."

"What else does she create?" Fuery was fully invested in my family.

"Uh, cars, automail, radios." I tried keeping it vague.

I did a quick glance at Roy, still he was disinterested in the conversation, basically ignoring the rest of us.

Breda crossed his arms. "So how was it? Growing up rich."