Chapter 43 (edited)

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

"That's enough Colonel." Hawkeye spoke with her gun held at my head.

I stared unblinking at the filth underneath my foot, my fingers ready to snap.

"I'll deal with him from here." She demanded.

I lowered my hand, pausing for a second and thinking over what she just said. "He's as good as finished. Lower your weapon." I ordered. I'll finish this..

"I can't obey that. Put your hand down." She continued.

I raised my hand higher, getting antsy and annoyed almost to a point of even higher rage. "DAMN IT. I WONT ASK AGAIN." I spoke loudly and harshly, I brought my hand to eye level.

A darkness loomed over my face, a mixture of rage and hatred.

Suddenly the ground underneath my foot lifted and Envy flew out from under it and right into Ed's hand. What?!

I snapped my head in his direction and was met by him and Scar.

"Ah, Fullmetal." How dare you. I held my hand out. "I'll be taking that."

He only stared at me, a mixture of worry and surprise covered his face. I could see Envy struggling in his grasp.

"That is an order." I spoke lowly. "Give it to me right now." I barked. The longer I stared the more resentment grew inside me.

He stared at me for a moment before speaking. "No, I won't." He objected.

More rage built up inside me, I kept my unchanging gaze on him. My face read hostility and sparks flew from my gloved hand.

He kept his determined gaze fixed on me too.

Why are you getting the way??? I'm so close to ending this...

I kept my hand outstretched, the hall was at a standstill, no one spoke and no one moved, the murderous tension only grew. I didn't care, I would be getting my way.

I dropped my hand. "That thing, deserves the worst death possible." I barked loudly.

Envy stared at me from Edwards hand, whimpering as my demanding and cold voice shook the room.

"No." Ed insisted.

"Give him to me!" I hissed. "Or I'll burn up your hand along with him!" I held my hand up.

"Try it then!" He barked right back. "If it's a fight you want, fine!" He pointed at me. "But first maybe you should take a good look at your face!"

My eyes were dark and filled with wrath and outrage, pain drifted along side as well. I held my hand up to my face, sparks and electricity flying from it.

"Is that the face you plan to wear when you're leading this country?!" He continued.

I didn't answer.

My jaw clenched.

"Well is it?!" He asked. "Is that what you wanna be Colonel?! Another monster?!" He continued pointing at me. "And what would Major Devlin think?! If she could see you, she would think the same thing!"

I stood still, thinking of her. Memories flashed back, happy ones which caused my chest to ache. Then I thought of Hughes, even more memories came back. She's from Briggs, she would've killed him on sight.

But one stuck out to me the most, where I asked for Hughes' support in becoming Furher, when I spoke about protecting people, when he said I'd have his support.