Chapter 29 (revised)

(Hunter's POV)

I leaned against Roy's desk, my eyes felt swollen. "What do we do now?" I looked at Roy.

His eyes softened, he and I both knew that we couldn't do anything. "I wish I knew."

I sighed. "Ugh... and I have to go to Briggs in an hour..." I covered my face. "Everything is awful.."

He stood in front of me and pulled my hand away from my face. "I know that everything is awful and that your mom died, but I need you to pull it together anyways and go to Briggs. You can fall apart when you come back, I'll be here to catch you."

He interlocked his fingers with mine. "Maybe you can get Armstrong on our side. She hates me but she likes you and chances are she'll listen to you. You were her right hand for years."

I glanced away.

"If you get her on our side, we can find who murdered your mom and Hughes, please try."

If I get Armstrong on our side... we have a real chance.. More man power means more ability, and with more ability there's a higher chance of success. This is how Armstrong trained us.

He leaned closer. "You can be scared, but the only way to get through it is if you stay calm. And you are good at getting through things. So complete this task and come back home to me."

I looked back at him and nodded.

He kissed my forehead. "And.. please come home. Don't leave me for Briggs."

I laughed at his plea. "I wouldn't dream of it."

His kissed me. "Great!" He paused. "What are you going to do now?"

I shrugged. "Wait around I guess."

"I'm sorry about your mom.." He sounded sad. "I really liked her."

I smiled. "She liked you too."

———

I stood on the platform, Briggs coat in hand. I turned and looked at Roy.

He stepped closer, taking my face into his hands and kissing my lips. "Please be careful, you know how Kimblee is. Stay clear of snowy open areas, you don't want to fall under ice again, I won't be there to pull you out, again."

I laughed and removed his hands from my face. "I'll be careful."

"And please, please come back. Don't leave me for Briggs."

I rolled my eyes. "OKay, I'll come back."

"Um-"

I turned back around.

He looked all nervous and fidgety. "I... I... Uh."

I almost wanted to laugh at how awkward he was being. Just come out and say what you're going to say already.

"I... I'll.. smell you..?"

I was confused. "You'll smell me?"

He looked red in the face. "....Yes.." He hid his face in his hand.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Okay, have fun with that?" I waved to him as I boarded.

I walked down the rows of seats, looking for Ed's friend. I came to the last car and found the blonde sitting by herself, and then I noticed the four men dressed in military uniforms seated behind her.

I sighed. Great... My eyes stayed glued on them as I walked towards her. "Hello Winry."

She turned to me. "Oh, hello Major!"