Chapter 61 (edited)

(Hunter's POV)

I followed Marcoh into the room. My heart raced and my stomach fluttered, both with anxiety and excitement.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Ross kneeling next to Roy.

His eyes were open and the colour had returned.

And it made me smile. I stood, feeling my heart against my chest and, my chest filled with excitement.

He was looking in our direction but I wasn't sure if he could recognize me yet.

His vision might be blurry..

Ross stood up and stepped away, smiling at me.

I swallowed hard and looked back at Roy.

And I watched a huge smile grow on his face, I darted towards him and landed right next to him, throwing my arms around him

He buried his face into my neck and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Hello love."

His voice was soft and it brought so much happiness inside me; my grip only tightened.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes, his beautifully coloured eyes. I missed the colour. I cuffed his face and he smiled at me.

"Hi."

(Roy's POV)

"Hi."

She placed both hands around my face, looking right at me.

My vision was slowly becoming clearer and clearer.

But my smile faded when I finally made out the single grey iris and the scar that ran down her face.

I cuffed her check running my thumb across the scar, and stopped when she winced. "Did I hurt you?" I lowered my hand.

She shook her head no. "How's your vision? Is it clear?"

"Not quite."

"The rest are waiting for you outside." She moved closer to me.

I smiled, watching her shift herself. I put my hand on her thigh, wanting to be as close as possible.

"Are you sure you don't want your eye healed too?" I watched her.

She looked uncomfortable. "I have to talk to you about that..." And her voice was different, empty.

I took her hand, starting to get concerned. "Are you alright?" I kissed the tops of her knuckles.

She shook her head no, again. "I need you for this.." And her voice broke.

I wrapped my hand around her head and pulled her close, resting my forehead against hers. "I'm yours."

Aaand I watched her eyes fill tears. "Fuck..." She wiped her face.

The longer I stared at her the clearer my vision became until finally it was crystal.

She pulled away, noticing that I could see clearly and she smiled again; a genuine a smile.

She stood up and held her hand out. "Let's go."

I took her hand and stood up. We walked to the door together, hand in hand.

Once we left the room, we were met with Falman, by himself.

"Where are the others?" She looked at him.

He stood up. "They went back up. The hallway got kind of crowded, plus you guys took a while."

I shook my head. Assholes.