Chapter 40 (edited)

More filler ahahaha

(Hunter's POV) (promised day) (Central)

Ross pulled off to the side of the Armstrong estate.

I opened the back of the truck and quickly looked around. Clear. I guess the MPs haven't figured it out yet. It's still early. I looked at the sky.

I swung the door open and jumped out. Ross and Rebecca following my lead as I did.

They quickly began pulling extra bags of firearms and ammunition out, handing me a few bags as they did.

"This way." I guided them to the cellar where Buccaneer and the patrol troops were.

I knocked twice, paused, and knocked once more, signalling that it was me.

One of the Briggs men opened the door and let us in.

I nodded to him as we walked in, placing the bags of reinforcements on the ground.

I turned back to the man who let us in. "Everything set?"

"Yes Major." He replied.

"Took ya long enough kid." I heard a loud voice from behind.

I immediately smiled knowing EXACTLY who it was. I turned and fired back. "I had to make it dramatic."

Buccaneer laughed walking over to me, he pulled me into a hug.

He paused and looked at the rest of the men walking into the room to greet me. "Looks like our duo's back, just like the old days." He patted my head.

"Looks like it." I smiled  and pulled out of his grasp.

I turned back to Ross and Rebecca. "You two should get going before this place is swarmed with MPs."

"Oh right!" Rebecca replied.

I grabbed Ross. "You know where to go right?"

"Yes." She replied.

"Alright good. Make sure to tell Mustang of our current post." I reminded her.

"Got it!"

"Alright move out." I let go of her arm.

They both nodded and left the cellar.

Just then Falman came into the room.

"You're a sight for sore eyes." He walked up to me, pulling me into a hug.

I smiled as I pulled away from him. "Same goes to you."

Buccaneer walked over to the bags we had brought in. "What are these?" He looked at me.

"Reinforcements. Better safe than sorry right?" I explained.

He chuckled. "Nice thinking kid."

It wasn't my idea, I didn't even know we'd be stopping there, but I'll take credit for it.

"Where'd you get that stuff?" Falman watched as the men began opening the bags and gearing up.

I smiled. "Jean Havoc." I said proudly.

"You saw Havoc?!" He was surprised. "No way! How is he?"

I chuckled. "He's doing fine. Works at his parents General Store now."

"That's good to hear. I had no idea he transferred back East." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Just then something caught Falman's attention. "Oh! Devlin!" He called me.