Chapter 42 (edited)

Ah yes, the chapter I'm most afraid to write. Mustangs anger, buckle up bitches.

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

Hawkeye and I walked down the same hallway we visited long ago. The last place Havoc and I investigated, the underground passageway of the third laboratory.

The walk was quiet and my mind drifted.

"Please avoid me." And I had, I did everything she asked, because she asked me to. That was the one thing I could do.

Thought I couldn't stay when she asked me to-

"Sir?"

"Huh?" I looked at Hawkeye.

"You're awfully quiet." She commented.

"Oh, haha." I rubbed my neck. "Lost in my thoughts, I guess." My voice felt empty.

There was silence between us.

All these passageways must be connected with each other. I looked around the hallway.

"You know where we're going right?" I looked at her.

"Yes sir." She lead the way.

She knew the path better than I did. I couldn't really remember much of the place because of my wounded state back then.

Suddenly she stopped. "Here." She looked at a wall.

"Here?" I gestured to the wall.

"I recounted the number of steps. This is the correct spot." She gestured.

Suddenly we could hear screams beyond the wall, screams that we hadn't noticed till now.

"What the hell?" I stepped back.

"That sounds like Ed."

"Stand back." I gestured her away.

I took a few steps back myself, not wanting to get caught up in my own explosion.

I snapped my fingers and transmuted an explosion large enough to blow out the wall. Ed must've put this here, but why?

Once the smoke cleared a little, we walked in.

Time to make an entrance. Quick think of something to say. Piss off Ed.

"Things always do seem to get messy whenever you're around." I said from the entrance.

I held my hand up, ready to snap my fingers again. "Maybe I could lend you a hand." I paused. "Fullmetal." Extra dramatic.

That sounded like a pun.

"Colonel?" He looked surprised.

"You just mange to make new friends everywhere you go." I smirked looking at the group he was with.

Once the smoke cleared out I actually saw what was happening. A large group of people, expect they didn't look like people, they looked more like mannequins, dolls.

"Is that Scar?" I watched as he took out more of the dolls.

I remembered back to our last mission here.

"I can't help but think of the last time we were here Lieutenant." I smirked. "As I recall, you were crying over me." I teased her.

"It's a shame I don't get to see that side of you more often." I finished.

She held her gun up. "The last thing I'm gonna do is start crying for you now, water makes you useless." She fired back at me. "Besides, you cried for Devlin when we arrived at the hospital."