Chapter 5 (revised)

(Roy's POV)

I turned around and, of course, found an empty spot. "Where the hell did she go?"

"She must be busy. She was going somewhere when I found her." Hawkeye answered.

I kept my eyes on the hallway behind us, on the off chance that she might turn back around and come back.

Hawkeye sighed. "We'll find her later. We have to head back and finish these reports if you want to be in the briefing this month." She started walking.

"Right.." I walked after her, glancing over my shoulder just in case. I hope we DO find her later.

I walked into my office to find, Havoc, Falman, Breda, and Fuery seated at their desks.

"Good morning Colonel." Fuery spoke as I walked to my desk.

Hawkeye put some of the bigger reports in front of me, and then went on to pass out the minor ones to the team seated in front of me.

It wasn't long till I heard a *knock, knock* on the door. I shot my eyes up, half expecting, half hoping that a certain someone would walk in.

But I was disappointed when Edward and Alphonse Elric came into the room. I groaned under my breath.

"Hey Colonel." Ed spoke. "Have any new leads for me?"

I sighed before shaking my head. "Afraid not."

"Wow, useless."

I scoffed at his remark.

"I just wanted to ask before we head to Rush Valley." He explained.

"What's in Rush Valley?" I leaned forward, elbows rested on my desk.

"We're taking a friend there and then heading to Dublith to meet with our alchemist teacher." Al answered for him.

There was a pause.

"Hey. I want you to meet someone. Maybe she can help with your search?" I suggested.

"Who?" Ed looked at me, slightly intrigued.

"Ever heard of the Inferno Alchemist?" I smiled. "She's an old friend of mine."

"The Inferno alchemist?" Havoc spoke up.

"Another flame alchemist right?" Breda asked.

I swivelled my chair in Hawkeyes direction. "Lieutenant, go find Devlin?"

She leaned closer to me. "I don't know where she is."

I thought a moment. "Ask administration."

She nodded, walking to the door.

"There's really another flame alchemist?" Al looked at me, eagerness in his voice.

I nodded.

"Then how come we never heard of them?" Ed asked, annoyed at the fact that their departure would have to wait.

I shrugged and smirked. "Maybe you're just not listening."

He growled under his breath.

"She was stationed at Briggs."

(Hunter's POV)

I walked up the steps of Central's prison. I had business here.

I walked up the front desk. "Can you tell me which cell Solf. J Kimblee is in?"

The lady looked me up and down. "Do you have identification?"

I pulled my alchemist watch out and put it on the desk. "Brigadier General Hunter Devlin, the Inferno Alchemist. Proof enough?"