Chapter 67 (edited)

(Hunter's POV) (nsfw edited spicier Also the Mean Girls reference, don't come for me!)

I sat on a load of wood planks. The sun beating on my shoulders and I watched the four Chimeras put up a wall on one of the buildings.

Armstrong, Brosh and Ross worked on another building.

I crossed my legs, resting my elbow on my thigh and my chin in my hand; I gazed sleepily at them.

I jumped when I felt someone plop down beside me. I relaxed when they relaxed their head on my shoulder.

"I'm tired." Roy's sleepy voice filled my ear.

"Me too." I sat still.

We watched as the rest of the walls were put up and somewhere in between that, I dozed off.

The feeling of Roy's body close to mine relaxed me enough to where I actually fell asleep.

I woke up when Miles tapped my shoulder. I gazed up at him and Knox as he handed me a clipboard.

"They need your approval for inventory." He explained.

"Ah." I signed and gave the clipboard back to him.

"And what are you doing? Sitting on your ass and taking naps." Knox snapped at me.

I just smiled at him, wanting to annoy the old man. He scoffed at me.

I glanced back at Roy as they walked away, he was still sleeping.

The heat of the sun, the warm wind, and the calm blueness of the sky would make anyone fall asleep, it didn't help that we were leaned against each other.

The chimeras now worked on the roof of that same building.

I yawned as Roy stirred awake. He took a breath. "I fell asleep?"

I nodded. "Mmhm, I did too."

I glanced at him only to realize he drooled on my shoulder. "Gross." I used my sleeve to wipe it off. "Have you always drooled?"

"No, I don't drool." He shook his head.

"Uh huh." I continued wiping. He took my hand and leaned in, kissing my cheek.

I sat back. "Was this enough time for you?"

He shook his head. "It never is. You have to stay longer, being unconscious doesn't count."

I laughed at his neediness. He hummed. "I'm serious, I just might go crazy."

I raised a brow. "From what? Loneliness?"

"Exactly. You are so smart." He enlightened me. I laughed him off.

"The wet dreams I have aren't enough."

And then I immediately stopped laughing and cringed. Who would admit that so easily!

"Please stop." I rubbed the side of my temple.

He laughed, nudging my shoulder. "Too honest?"

I took a sharp breath. "Uh yeah! Maybe if you lasted longer than 30 seconds they'd be enough."

His smile faded and I laughed at his expression.

"Shut up! I don't."

I smirked, catching my breath. "Mmmm.. I don't know about that."

He nudged me again. "I don't."

I held my hands up. "Okay! Okay! I guess you're right. I must've imagined it."