Chapter 45 (edited)

(Hunter's POV) (promised day, central)

I clenched my jaw and lowered my head. "I hate feeling useless..." I whispered. Tears stung my wounded eye.

"Just stop." Falman's grip tightened around me.

I lifted my head and glanced up at him, he kept his eyes locked on Buccaneer and Bradley.

"Don't say that, don't think that either and don't cry." He immediately shot down the negative feeling.

"But I-"

"We're in a condensed area and there are too many of us, of course you can't fire properly." He cut me off. "You're thinking of the rest of us."

He looked down. "This isn't your fault, so don't feel responsible."

I looked up at him and my eyes softened but the sound of Buccaneers laugh pulled my attention away.

He sat with Bradley's sword in his abdomen. "And what are you gonna do without your fancy sword play?" Buccaneer smirked at him.

"Are you tryna get killed dumbass?!" Greed yelled. "Then again." He charged at Bradley. "I appreciate the help!"

"Now, let's see." I turned my gaze back to Bradley, I watched him pick up Sergeant Leyton's lifeless body. He dug through his pockets and found a pair of large hunting knives.

He swiftly knocked Greed back, nicking his face in the process. Greed slid back. There's so much happening all at once...

"Not exactly my weapon of choice but I guess that I'll just have to make do." Bradley looked over the knives in his hands.

I looked back at Greed, it looked like he said something but I was too far away to hear.

Greed charged at him again, yelling into the sky while Bradley got in a stance.

I gasped and looked in Buccaneers direction.

Falman still had me in his grasp. I struggled to get out but he held me tighter. "Wait!"

I glared at him.

But he didn't budge, usually he budges, but he wasn't budging. Why wasn't he budging? He always budges.

"Let me go." I looked directly at him.

He made some weird face at the tone of my voice, but shook his head.

"That's an order Lieutenant." I sneered.

"I can't obey that Major." He sounded serious. "You're not thinking clearly." He glanced up at Buccaneer

I followed his gaze and watched Buccaneer gave him a nod of approval, approval to hold me down.

I groaned. "Damn you Buccaneer!"

He ignored me and went back to watching Bradley and Greed.

"He's too close to Bradley and Ling, you might get caught in the crossfire, so just stay put for now." He pleaded. "You're hurt too..Please.. stay with me." His voice shook.