Chapter 63 (edited)

(Roy's POV)

I waited outside of Hunter's room; I stayed the whole night.

She ended up deciding to wait till the end of the month, and if she was well enough she wanted to go back to Central.

She wanted to see Ed and Al before we stayed down here full time.

Though, if you asked me, if might not be a good idea to go back so early. But, I wouldn't change her mind.

I glanced down the hall and found Falman running towards me.

I opened my mouth to say something but he just ran passed me and looked into the room.

He stood leaned against the doorframe, staring at Hunter. She smiled at him.

(Hunter's POV)

I glanced at the doorway and found a disheveled and out of breath Falman.

I smiled at him. "Hey senior."

He straightened up and sniffled harshly. "HUNTER!"

I flinched as he sloppily ran towards me with messy tears running down his face. He knelt at my bed, his head rested on my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair, trying to comfort him. "I'm sorry I scared you."

He sniffled. "No. I'm just..."

*sniffle*

"I'm just glad you're okay." He looked at me, with his messy face covered in tears and snot.

"Fuck!" I reached for the box of tissues. I pulled one out and stuffed it into his face. "Do you ever blow your nose?"

He jolted up. "Don't be so mean!" And cried more.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!" I raised my hands in defence.

"I was worried..." He rested his head back onto my lap.

My eyes softened. I took his hand. "Okay... I won't tease you."

Once he collected himself, I whistled to catch Roy's attention. He looked in and I gestured for the rest of the group to come in.

I was welcomed with warm smiles.

Riza bent down and hugged me. "How are you feeling?"

I smiled. "Eh." I mean, it was honest at least.

"We might be heading back to Central at the end of the month." Roy eyed the group.

"Is that a good idea?" Fury sounded worried.

I nodded. "Just until Ed and Al go back to Resembool, then we're coming back."

"Speaking of Ed, he tried tagging along with us." Breda looked at Roy. "I told him Devlin would be mad if he left his brother in Central."

I nodded. "Good job Breda. You did good."

He chuckled.

"Thanks for coming." I looked at the group. "I appreciate it."

"What are you talking about?" Breda sat down.

"You're our family too." Havoc finished.

It warmed my cold, fucked up heart. I guess I do have a family.

They visited for a while and then left for Central, though it was hard to pry Falman away.

Since I hadn't attempted anything and the only thing I really needed was rest and medication, they let me go home that same day.