Chapter 16 (revised)

(Hunter's POV)

I sat on my bed, letting out a slow breath as my body relaxed. I wasn't so much as buzzed anymore but a little impaired.

The talk with my mom wore me out.

And now, I was about to read Miles' letter. I skimmed through most of it, since most of it was about what was happening around the Fort, but one section caught my eye.

The troops don't work as efficiently with your absence, and Smith's and William's training as been put on hold until we can find someone as qualified.

Things have quieted down around here. It's not as lively as it used to be. Buccaneer's had to fight as one person, rather than your duo, and I've had to get used to strategizing on my own.

I smiled. He'll never admit it, but he misses me too. Aaaand I still haven't told them that I was demoted-

Once I was done reading, I set the letter onto my desk and pulled my gloves out of my pocket, placing them on my nightstand as well.

There was never really a reason to keep them close in Central, but I couldn't sleep unless they were next to me.

I relaxed onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I won't be long."

Tch, 'I won't be long' my ass, it's been hours since they left. I should've gotten the call by now.

I rolled over. I hope you come back soon.. I don't want to worry.

Come back.

(Roy's POV)

My vision blurred and I felt my head bob to the left. I flinched, realizing what was happening, I took a large breath even though it hurt to breathe in such a way.

I sat up straight, breathing in and out slowly. Nearly passed out...

I removed my hands and found that I was successful with closing my wound. I'm going to have two people yelling at me for this... I put the lighter in my pocket.

I looked back at Havoc, he was completely out of it. I forced myself up, still out of breath from the trauma to my side, though it didn't hurt as badly anymore.

I wasn't sure if it was because of my alchemical handy work or because of the adrenaline.

My legs felt shaky and I basically fell as Havoc's side. He was still on his stomach and I had to turn him on his back.

I groaned, realizing I had to do more work. My jaw clenched, feeling my pain increase as I forced him over. I looked at him, he was pale and his chest didn't fall up and down.

My heart dropped. No no no no no. You can't be dead. You can't be dead.

I laid my head on his chest, listening for a heartbeat.

Thump... Thump... Thump

Relief. I let go of the breath I was holding. I looked around and found a piece of ripped up cloth. Once I had it, I could wrap it around Havoc's wound to at least slow the bleeding.

I stood at the door and looked at Havoc. Please be okay.. I'll be back Jean.

I started down the hall in the same direction she went down. I clung to the wall as I shuffled through the hall.

A few minutes passed and I could walk better, and breathe better. Probably from all the adrenaline. It's gonna suck when this fades....

I didn't know how long I had been walking but I could hear distant screams and gunshots, and there was a light in the distance. I quickened my pace and finally made it to a door.