Chapter 32: Nightmare part 8, The Truth

After kissing Jennie, Lisa watched as Jennie fell asleep almost immediately.

"She's trying so hard while I'm doing nothing.", thought Lisa as she gently placed her head over her arms. She had been sitting on the floor beside the bed for almost three hours now.

...

*yawn*

...

~~~~~

While Jennie and Rose were busy with their embrace, the door to The Broken Bull slowly opened. Not entirely, but just enough for a head to poke through.

A hairless, burned head slowly appeared from the gap.

Loren smiled at Chen, who was holding the door open from the other side. His scalded arm appeared, and Loren placed a finger to his mouth, gesturing for Chen to not make a sound.

Chen smiled back and nodded as he pulled the door open all the way.

~~~~~

Jisoo was sipping tea while sitting on the throne when she felt the hair on her arms stand. Something was wrong.

She stood up and ran while pulling a feather out of her pocket. Once she was outside the throne room, Jisoo blew on the feather, and the individual vanes scattered in the air.

"Fly."

Purple transmutation energy spiraled around her and formed at her feet as she lifted from the ground and started flying

She was on her way to The Broken Bull when she saw someone running out of the servants' quarters.

~~~~~

Lisa jolted up from her bed when someone knocked on her door. She sat up and pulled the blanket over her chest. "Who is it?", she asked.

"It's me. Can I come in?", said a voice from behind the door.

Lisa smiled as she got to her feet. She walked towards the door and opened it.

In front of her was Jennie, hair neatly tied, while wearing a noble woman's dress.