Chapter 71: Team Starfish part 1, Calm Waters

General Shindong inspected the crew manifest before their ship, Southern Wind, left the docks. He wanted to make sure that the crew worked on the Southern Wind for the past six months.

Thankfully, most of the crew checked out, averaging about two years of experience aboard the Southern Wind. Most, but not all.

There were two new additions to the crew. They weren't transferees from other ships but new hires. One was a bison, in charge of the ropes and the sails. The other was a cook assigned to the meals of everyone on board.

"They were hired at the same time, a few days before Prince Lee's quest details became public. It's probably a coincidence. But just to be sure, I should check with the captain and talk to the others.", thought General Shindong.

They were waiting at the deck of the Southern Wind, inspecting everything that they could see. Since the sailors were busy running through their pre-departure tasks, the passengers were able to talk undisturbed. And there were only four passengers aboard the Southern Wind, a secret VIP, a military uncle, a former madame, and a teddy bear.

General Shindong showed the two ladies the manifest and pointed out what was bothering him.

"Let's keep an eye on them. I'll volunteer in the kitchen and observe Nadia.", whispered Rose.

"I'll take care of the other one. Seulgi, will you watch over the prince?", asked General Shindong.

"Okay! I'll keep Prince Lee company.", answered Seulgi.

"In the event of an emergency, we stay calm and follow the captain's orders. He is a friend that I trust with my life.", whispered General Shindong.

"How about in the case of an emergency emergency?", asked Seulgi.

It was a vague question, yet they all understood.

"If it's an emergency emergency that needs an immediate solution, we all rush to the prince and protect him. We decide what we do once all of us are together. But if it's the kind that requires a careful and quiet solution, use the word starfish.", said General Shindong under his breath while watching the crew members enter the ship.

"Starfish?", asked Rose.

"Yeah. My favorite servant told me that that's our team name. Starfish.", answered General Shindong as the gangplank was detached.

"You nervous, general?, asked Seulgi with a smile.

General Shindong nodded his head. He took a deep breath as the loud ship horn filled the docks.

"Me too.", said Seulgi with a big smile as she waved at the couriers and sailors at the docks. "How about you, Rose?"

Rose kept her eyes on the city while thinking about how she felt. She watched as the people kept getting smaller and smaller the further they got.

"Rosie?", called Seulgi, gently placing her hand on Rose's on the handrail.

"I've been assigned many missions before. But nothing was ever as virtuous or as important as this. We are doing this for all of them. And for the first time in my life, I worry that I might fail. And that scares me."

General Shindong nodded his head. "Fear is good. I've had that fear for almost forty years now. Hehehe. Shall we get to work then?" He stretched his arms above his head and smiled at the two ladies.