Chapter 87: Team Starfish part 8, Regenerate

Wannie watched in silence and dread as the shadowy figure stood over Seulgi. She had both hands covering her mouth as she hid in the bushes.

"Fuck... Please don't kill her.", thought Wannie as Seulgi writhed in pain on the ground. Thankfully, the figure disappeared without killing Seulgi.

Seulgi coughed out blood whenever she tried to cast a spell. Her veins showed through her skin as black death magic coursed along Seulgi's body. "Cure *coughs* Cu- *coughs*"

"Shit!", said Wannie as she ran towards Seulgi. "Seulgi? Who was that? What do I do?", asked Wannie as she searched Seulgi's stuff for anything that might help.

"Bag... *coughs out blood* inside... *coughs out more blood*  pouch...", said Seulgi as she felt the necromantic energy choking her heart.

Wannie reached inside Seulgi's small bag and searched. "Your bag is empty, Seul. I can't find your pouch. Nevermind. Found it."

After retrieving the pouch, Wannie hurriedly opened it and pulled out a vial with a red liquid inside.

~~~~~

Before Seulgi left (chapter 69)

~~~~~

"Promise me that you'll return safely, alright? You are the most talented assistant that I've ever had.", said Chang-Wook as she shook Seulgi's hand.

"Don't worry, Chief Healer. I will return with new knowledge that will surely help the kingdom. Hehehe.", answered Seulgi.

"I don't doubt it. Here. You should take this with you.", said Chang-Wook as he gave a pouch to Seulgi. "It's a magical potion that heals wounds. I have been trying to duplicate it ever since. But I really don't understand all that magic stuff, so you should have it."

"Nooo... This is important, Chief Healer. And I have healing spells, so you should keep this."

"I insist, Seulgi. Who knows? There might be a time where you'll need healing but can't use your spells. And if you end up not using it, give it back to me when you return. Alright?"

"Alright. Thank you, sir."

~~~~~

Back to the present

~~~~~

"Stop coughing it out

"Stop coughing it out. Drink it all, Seulgi.", said Wannie. She could feel Seulgi starting to warm up with each mouthful of the potion.

As soon as Seulgi finished the potion, she cleared her throat and punched her chest while casting more healing magic on herself.

And after a high-level Cure Wounds, Seulgi sat up again.