Chapter 50: How The Prince Met Jennie

It's been a month since Jennie went back home. And tomorrow is the start of the seventh month of the year. This means that the annual Harvest Festival is about to begin.

...

Sigh...

...

I miss her.

Even if I see Jennie in the dream world, it's not the same.

The feeling of her hand on mine is different. Her lips taste different.

Plus the fact that Jennie's always exhausted when we meet. As much as she tries to hide it, I can hear it in her voice and see it in the way she smiles.

I keep telling her to have a peaceful night of sleep, but she keeps insisting on seeing me. I need to learn that sleep spell so that when Jennie returns, I'll sing it to her whenever she goes to bed.

...

...

Damn it.

I miss her so much.

I hope she makes it back in time for the Harvest Festival.

Or at least for my second trial, since I need to choose my champions soon.

*KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!*

"Who is it?", asked Lisa, getting up from her bed.

"It's your sister! Open up!", said a female voice from the other side of the door.

"Uhmm... Which one?", asked Lisa again.

"The beautiful one!", answered the female voice.

...

...

"Which one is that?", asked Lisa a third time. She already knew from the voice that it was Inna. She was simply buying time to tie her hair and change out of her feminine sleeping robes into something a little more manly.

"LEE! OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!", shouted Inna from the other side.

Lisa removed the small latch as the door swung open, almost hitting her on the nose.

Inna went inside Lee's room, looked out the door to see if anyone saw her, and then closed and locked it again.

"I need advice, Lee. But if you tell a soul about this, I will cut your balls off.", threatened Inna to her brother.

"Go ahead. Cut my imaginary balls off.", thought Lisa with a smile.

"Stop smiling and listen, okay?! Sheesh, are you hiding a girl in here? Your room smells like lilacs. Move. My feet hurt.", commented Inna as she sat beside Lisa on the bed.

Inna Yoo was the youngest daughter of King Moosong, not counting Lisa, of course. She was the only child that King Moosong had with his sixth wife, a famous musician named Anna Yoo.

Inna was just seven months older than Lisa. But she made sure that her brother would never forget it.