Chapter 49: Gifts And Goodbyes

"I'm serious. Take it.", said George.

"This is too much, Sir.", replied Jinu.

"You earned it.", answered George.

"But why me? The others did much better."

George patted the young guard on the shoulder. He looked at the weapon in Jinu's hand and smiled.

"Well... I think this weapon suits your fighting style the most. But you'll need to spend time with it. It's not an easy weapon to master. And I have something for the others as well. Don't think that you're the only one getting something.", George explained with a smile.

Jinu looked at the blue katana in his hand. It was the same as the one that George used in the dream world. He couldn't help but feel undeserving.

"Tell Rose and Seulgi to come up next. I have something for both of them.", said George to Jinu.

Jinu bowed his head and left George's room. He went downstairs feeling pressured by the weapon in his hands.

"DUDE! You got the katana!? NICE!", said Yoon who was waiting at the foot of the stairs.

Jinu joined the others with a nervous smile on his face. His fellow guards congratulated him happily.

Jisoo, who didn't look surprised at all, approached Jinu as well. "That's a powerful weapon with a lot of potential. I'm sure you'll achieve great things with it..", said Jisoo with a smile.

"I'll try, miss.", answered Jinu. He then looked at Rose and Seulgi, who were already packed and ready to go. "Sir George asked for you two next."

Rose nodded and pulled Seulgi up from the couch. They went up the stairs and disappeared into the room, closing the door behind them.

When Jisoo returned to the dining table, Jennie whispered something to her, "Amma, I thought that was appa's favorite weapon."

"It is.", whispered Jisoo back.

"Ohhh... But...--" Jennie didn't know how to ask her next question without offending Jinu. She could tell from Jinu's expression that Jinu was pressured enough.

"Why is appa giving away his magical items?", thought Jennie as she scratched her head.

"AWWW!!! THAT HURTS!!!", shouted Seulgi from upstairs.

Everyone looked up at the same time.

Jennie stood up and went to the staircase. "SEULGI? YOU OKAY?", asked Jennie loudly.

The door opened once more as both Seulgi and Rose exited and went downstairs. Seulgi was pouting while holding onto her right ear, while Rose was smiling as she removed Seulgi's hand from the new earring that Seulgi had on.

The two of them were wearing matching silver earrings with an aquamarine pattern on them.