Chapter 41: Undeserved Kiss (Mature)

~~~~~

WARNING!

This chapter contains an intimate scene between two girls. If reading this makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, feel free to skip the mature parts. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy it. :)

~~~~~~

Let's turn back time to when the training session just ended...

After walking back up the stairs and entering their room, Seulgi locked the door behind them and helped Rose to the bed.

"Take off all your clothes.", said Seulgi before heading to a table containing her tools.

"Uhmm. I beg your pardon... Seul? Did you just ask me to strip?", asked Rose.

"I want to examine you. I know that you're not really hurt, but your muscles must be sore.", answered Seulgi while getting hold of her acupuncture needles.

"I'm fine, Seul. My head hurts a little, but a nice nap would fix that.", answered Rose while patting the spot on the bed beside her.

"Are you sure?", asked Seulgi.

Rose nodded and smiled. She patted the spot again.

"Yeah. You should rest. I'll wake you up when it's dinner time.", replied Seulgi, placing the needles back in her bag.

Seulgi closed her bag and let out a deep sigh filled with exhaustion and a bit of relief. But seeing Rose smile while inviting her to sit on the bed made Seulgi tear up once more.

Rose got up from the bed and approached Seulgi. She held Seulgi's head up and dried the tears with her thumbs.

"Hey... Why are you crying again?", asked Rose.

"You promised me that you won't get hurt.", said Seulgi weakly. Her voice was barely a whisper in between her sobs.

Rose held Seulgi's cheeks and stared into her eyes. "I apologize for not keeping my promise. But look, I'm not really hurt, am I? If we keep standing here, though, I might collapse. So can we please sit on the bed?", asked Rose.

They sat beside each other, and Seulgi dried her tears using the corner of the blanket.

"Are you sure you're okay?", asked Seulgi again.

"Yes, Seul. I'm fine.", answered Rose.

The room fell silent as Rose rested her head on Seulgi's shoulder. She had her eyes closed and was recalling the battle earlier. She couldn't help but smile at the idea of being able to train in the dream world.

"If you get better...", whispered Seulgi to the head on her shoulder.

"You mean, once I get better.", whispered Rose back.

"Sorry. Once you get better, will you be fighting like that again? Was that the reason why you got hurt in the first place?"

As a trained courtesan, Rose could tell from Seulgi's trembling voice that she was overflowing with worry and concern.

Rose opened her eyes and looked at her legs. She tried to raise her knees, but all she managed to do was move her toes.

"I only fight when I need to, Seulgi."