Chapter 95: Time's Up

When George saw Mino walking towards his daughter's corpse, his eyes turned red. Rage filled his being as he shouted louder than he ever did before.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!!!" George grabbed the closest object and threw it at Mino.

Jin had started working on the runes when an orc's head hit his back, causing him to make a mistake.

"General, I can save Jennie, but I need to focus for about a minute. Please... I promised Mino that I would protect her.", whispered Jin as he started on the first rune again.

"None of our resurr--

"Wish.", interrupted Jin.

A single word reply. But that word made the general turn around.

"Do not betray my trust again.", said General Shindong as he blocked George.

"Let me go, Shindong! What are you doing!!!"

"He is trying to save her, George. Please trust me.", begged Shindong as he tried to hold his friend back.

Rose could sense powerful conjuration energy coming from Jinu. "What are you doing, fake Mino?", she asked.

"I am trying to save your best friend, Madame. You should move back. Just to be safe."

"Know that I will end your life if you do anything I find suspicious.", said Rose as one of her daggers hovered in front of Jin's throat. She carried Seulgi in her arms and sat beside Jisoo.

"They really care for you, Jennie. It must be nice to have a family.", thought Jin as he continued working on the spell.

Jisoo was tearing pages from her spellbook while crying desperately, unaware of what was happening around her.

"Miss Jisoo. Stop, please.", said Rose, trying to calm her best friend's mother down. But Jisoo couldn't hear anything.

Meanwhile, George kept punching Shindong and kicking him off, but Shindong was bigger and stronger than George. Eventually, George's eyes returned to normal.

"I can't lose her, Shindong. I can't.", whispered George. His voice sounded weak and defeated.

"Let's give him a chance. Our magic can't do anything. This is our last hope. He is her last hope.", said General Shindong. And when he and George looked at Jennie, Mino completed the final rune.

~~~~~

~~~ aboard the Raven Queen's ship ~~~

~~~~~

"He made a wish and paid the equivalent price.", said Corellon as he escorted Jin towards the Raven Queen. They stepped out of a tall golden door that remained open while they talked.

"Equivalent? Do not make me laugh, Archeart. His soul is not even worth a hundredth of Jennie Kim's.", rebutted the Raven Queen.

While the two gods debated, Jennie walked towards Jin and punched him on the shoulder.

"YAH!!! What did you do!?", Jennie asked.

"I fulfilled my promise. Tsk! Jennie Kim, I hate you so much.", said Jin as he rubbed his brow. He stared at Jennie and smiled. With an elegant bow of his head, Jin introduced himself. "I am known as Jin. I would tell you my real name, but I do not know it. It is an absolute delight to finally meet you, Jennie Kim."