Chapter 86: Team Starfish part 7, Chinnoe

Second Trial Day 3

It was already past lunchtime, yet George and Jisoo were still in bed. Ever since Jennie was born, the couple had never gone on a trip just for themselves. Until now. They checked in at the Playing With Fire Inn in Bramblewood, a city of deep gnomes located in the White Forest.

*rumbling stomach*

"Jisooyah, I'm hungry.", whispered George to his wife, who had her eyes closed while lying down on his arm.

Instead of getting up, Jisoo turned to face George and placed her arm over George's chest. "But you already ate. Hehehe."

"Aisshhht. Stop that! You're supposed to be the sensitive and serious one. I'm the witty and funny one.", said George, playfully kissing the top of Jisoo's head.

"Yahh~~ I can be funny, too.", replied Jisoo. She looked up at her husband and smiled. "Sigh... I still can't believe that I'm married to you. Are you sure you didn't cast magic on me? Did you put a love potion in my drink?"

George gasped loudly as he playfully pushed Jisoo away and pretended to be offended. He pulled the blanket over his chest and made his lower lip quiver as he stood up. "How could you say that after you had your way with me?! You monster!!! I can't take this anymore, Jisoo."

"Hehehe. I'm just kidding, you big buffoon. Stop trying to be cute and come here.", said Jisoo. She placed her arms into a heart above her head and winked at George.

"Nuuu~~! You will not seduce me again with those eyes that are as deep as the ocean. I am exhausted from staring at the infinite beauty inside them!", said George, shaking his head from side to side while pouting his lips. 

"Georgie~~", Jisoo called out. She made her voice lower and huskier while biting her lower lip.

"I will not be swayed by your alluring smile, woman!!", said George loudly, stomping his left foot on the cold wooden floor. "Ouch!"

"Alright. Fine. Let's eat lunch and then go back home to Midea. It's not like I've wanted to go on a vacation for twenty years. And I guess you were joking when you said that we should add another member to our family."

Jisoo sat up from the bed and tied her robe close. She was combing her hair when she heard a thud from behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, Jisoo saw George kneeling on the floor.

"My love, my sweet pumpkin, my turtle rabbit, forgive your foolish husband for taking the joke too far. He is famished, and the hunger affected his thinking. He is ready to accept any kind of punishment that you deem necessary.", said George with his eyes closed and arms above his head. And in between his clenched palms were three pink roses.  

*sigh*

"Fine. Two months of laundry.", said Jisoo.

George immediately smiled and stood up. He walked towards the door and opened it like a gentleman. "I will do four months of laundry and dishes, milady. After you."

Jisoo walked to the door, looked at George, and then kissed him on the lips. "Thank you, sir."

George giggled like a little girl before following her wife to their private dining area.

It was during dessert when a familiar voice entered George's head.

"George. Catropus here. I'm with Shindong. We need Jisoo. One of Prince Lee's champions got hurt. Immediate healing required at Chinnoe. We arrive later tonight."