Chapter 82: Team Scorpion part 7, The Dismal Third Day

As their third day of travel began, Lisa's group was pleasantly surprised by how peaceful their desert trek was. And it would have been entirely uneventful if it weren't for the unexpected guests they had in the afternoon.

They were in the middle of a short rest when Aang noticed something in the ankle-deep snow. "I saw some paw prints. Wolves, most likely.", he said to the group upon returning from his patrol.

"Do wolves normally hunt here?" asked Mino.

"There's nothing to hunt here. We might have stumbled upon a traveling pack. They could be looking for new territory. We should be safe as long as they don't see us.", Aang replied.

"We can handle some wolves. We took down the wolf king.", said Jennie confidently while eating some dried fruit.

"If they're not hunting us, we could hunt them instead. Our food supply is running low, and I heard that wolf meat is delicious.", Mino suggested.

"Let's stay silent for now. And wait 'til you try yeti meat.", answered Aang with a smile, to which Jennie and Lisa nodded. 

"Is everyone ready to leave?" asked Aang after they finished clearing up.

"Horses are ready.", said Mino.

"I boiled some snow to refill our empty waterskins.", said Bambam.

"Our dear muse is just emptying her bladder.", said Lisa from a distance while covering a peeing Jennie behind her.

"Oh right. Pee break.", said Mino. He walked a few steps away from the horses. Bambam and Aang joined in as well.

"Whoa. Half-elves are blessed.", said Bambam.

Aang felt embarrassed when he saw Bambam looking at him. "It's probably from the human side. Elves aren't that-"

"Guys. Can we please urinate in peace?" Mino interrupted the two as he tried his best to draw a yellow rune in the snow.

"Sorry.", apologized Aang.

"Urinate in piss. That's a bit redundant.", joked Bambam as they finished emptying their bladders.

After two hours of travel, Lisa noticed four wolves on their right side, keeping pace with them. She immediately pulled closer to their guide and said, "We have company.".

"On this side as well.", said Aang as six more wolves appeared on their left side. Their horses started to react, but all five of them managed to keep the horses under control.

"Are they racing us?" Jennie asked, seeing how both them and the wolves were traveling extremely fast.

Mino, who was at the front with Aang, decided to move his horse closer to the wolves on the right.

"Hey, doggie. You must be their leader since you're the biggest one. I know that we look like easy prey since there are more of you, but trust me, it will not end well for your pack if you attack us.", whispered Mino as he rode beside the grey wolf that was almost as large as his horse.

"Please make the mistake of attacking me. I really want to try some wolf meat.", thought Mino as he waited... and waited.

The wolf's eyes met Mino's.

But the wolf didn't attack.

It just kept running and running as fast as it could.