Chapter 61: The Harvest Festival part 8, The Fighting Tournament

Seulgi found Irene a few blocks from the temple. She approached her immediately and placed Irene's arm over her shoulders.

Irene was having difficulty walking and breathing. Her legs were shaking, and she would have fallen soon if not for the lady who suddenly helped her.

"Lady Irene. Please don't panic. Jennie sent me. Let's go to the infirmary.", said Seulgi calmly.

"No... I need to see Lisa. She's in trouble.", replied a dizzy and exhausted Irene.

"I don't know who Lisa is. Jennie said that she will get Prince Lee and that we should meet them at the infirmary.", said Seulgi. She whispered something into her hand and then looked at Irene, "Don't panic. I am simply healing you."

Seulgi gently placed her palm on Irene's chest. There was a light orange glow, and Irene felt some of her fatigue go away. She still felt weak, but her legs stopped shaking.

"Thank you. Please lead the way.", said Irene as she removed her arm around Seulgi and bowed politely.

Seulgi nodded and started running. She looked behind her to see if Irene could keep up. "She looks so tired. I wonder what happened.", thought Seulgi as she slowed down her pace.

~~~~~

Jennie reached Lisa's home. She bowed to the guards and walked inside the house, only to be stopped by Lady Lalisa.

"Jennie? What are you doing here? I gave everybody the day off today."

"Lady Lalisa, forgive me for coming in unannounced. Urgent matters have presented themselves. Prince Lee's presence is required at the infirmary.", said Jennie.

"LISA! COME OUT NOW! WE NEED TO GO!", thought Jennie. She looked in the direction of Lisa's room. She hoped that Lisa was there and that she was getting Jennie's messages in her mind.

"Ohhh. What happened?", asked a curious Lady Lalisa.

"I was not informed, milady.", answered Jennie.

"You know that there are urgent matters, but you don't know what they are. I see."

"They only told me to get Prince Lee immediately, milady", replied Jennie.

"Told by who?", asked Lady Lalisa once more.

"I'm sorry?"

"Who requested my son's presence, Jennie? Or will you pretend that you don't know that as well.", Lady Lalisa inspected Jennie's face and reactions. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest and had no intention of letting Jennie pass.

Thankfully, the door to Lisa's room opened, and Lisa walked out with her sword in her hand.

"It's okay, mother. It is a matter regarding my second trial. Thank you, Jennie. Let us go.", said Lisa.

Jennie bowed to Lady Lalisa and followed Lisa out of the house.

"What's going on?", asked Lisa.

"It's hard to explain. Best that you hear it from Irene. Let's hurry up.", answered Jennie.

Lisa nodded, and the two of them ran to the infirmary.

~~~~~

After about twenty minutes of running and resting, Seulgi and Irene arrived at the infirmary. Standing outside the door was the chief healer, Chang-Wook.