Chapter 41.1: Extras - A Primer On Magic

Hello there, my beloved Snow Family (yes, I made a name for the supporters of this story. Hahaha.) I'm here again with another extra chapter which means that I wanted to write but don't know what to write yet.

It has been two months since the last time I did this (which was on January 1). I noticed then that The Last Snow got the number 1 spot on the "dungeons and dragons" tag. And I thought that it would only last for a few days.

But it stayed there for a long time. I couldn't believe it. I know that the rankings are not important at all, and my priority is and will always be to make my readers happy. But seeing my precious work at the top makes me really, really happy. It encourages me to write more and write better.

But alas, all good things come to an end. As the first day of March greets us, The Last Snow has now settled at number 2.

And I'm still happy! Because that new story at the number 1 spot is the reason why I love dungeons and dragons

And I'm still happy! Because that new story at the number 1 spot is the reason why I love dungeons and dragons. Critical Role! Yey! They have a youtube channel where a bunch of nerdy-ass voice actors sit around and play dungeons and dragons.

Their current adventure/story/campaign already has 126 episodes. Here's a link to the first episode in case you are interested. Hehehe.

Okay, enough about that, my nerd is showing.

ANYWAY! I'll just put an introduction to magic in here for those who are interested. Hehehe.

Ohhh... And I'll be including a little secret information in here as a bonus. :D

A Primer On Magic
from the personal notes of Lady Jisoo Kim

I'll start by explaining where magic comes from. I've mentioned before that 1 out of 100 people can use magic. The kind of magic that they are born with is called Arcane Magic. Whether their parents have magic or not, a child has a 1% chance of being an Arcane Magic-user.

A learned individual like a scholar may spend his or her life studying magic but can't use it innately. However, there are magical items and artifacts around the world that can be used to great effectiveness by these people.

Lady Jisoo Kim and Jennie Kim are a few of the Arcane Magic users in the world. 

The other major source of magic is the gods and other powerful beings in the world. This kind is referred to as Divine Magic. Unlike Arcane Magic that is acquired once a person is born, Divine Magic may come at any time based on one's actions.