Chapter 33: Nightmare part 9, Clarity

Jennie and Rose gently shoveled some dirt and snow to cover the hole.

"Done.", said Jennie. She looked at Rose.

Rose had her eyes closed with her head bowed as she offered a short prayer to her patron, the Raven Queen.

Jennie went back to the others to give Rose some privacy and to see if their action had any effect at all.

Instead of disappearing, the surviving merrow started turning back into citizens. They didn't even question where they were or why they had wounds all over their bodies. All of them just started walking towards The Broken Bull. They disappeared one after the other as they passed the door frame.

Loren was trying to pull out the spear from his mouth when he stopped moving and slowly dissolved into dust.

Lisa, who was finally free of the water ball, made her way to her fear and was about to slice its head off, but Queen Sayeon dissolved into dust as well. Everyone could tell from Lisa's face that she was disappointed.

Jisoo was kissing George on the lips when his husband dissolved, including the big bag of laundry that he brought with him.

The ladies of The Broken Bull just casually returned to the tavern and resumed their work.

"Is it over?", asked Rose after her prayer were done.

"Almost, dear. You just have to get back to your dream and let it play out until you wake up.", said Jisoo.

"Ohhh. That should be easy now. The nightmare is gone, right? Amma?", asked Jennie.

"Amma?", thought Lisa as she listened to the conversation. She never studied the Old Tongue, but the word amma sounded very familiar.

"Yes, my dear daughter, the nightmare is gone for now.", answered Jisoo.

"Wait... Daughter? Is she Lady Jisoo Kim?!", thought Lisa with wide eyes.

"I'll come with you, Roseanne.", said Jennie. But Jisoo held her back.

"You can't enter her dream world anymore unless you want to die. Your powers have been leaking, Jennie. That's why your head is killing you. The prince was able to make a passageway because of you, and your friend was able to keep making her daggers because of you."

"Ohhh... That's why they kept reappearing in my pockets.", said Rose.

"You need to train first, Nini.", said Jisoo. It was said very lovingly, but Jennie knew that she had no choice.

Rose broke the silence that followed by walking to the center of the group. She embraced Jennie and shook Jisoo's hand. She then went to Lisa, who seemed to be in shock.

"You okay?", asked Rose.

"Why didn't anyone tell me that she was Jennie's mom. How is she that young?", whispered Lisa to Rose.

"Ohhh. Yeah. Lady Jisoo Kim, the great herbalist. She's using a younger version of herself while in the dream world. She's a total badass, right? And the guy who was fighting with us earlier was Jennie's father.", Rose answered.

"WHAT!!!", shouted Lisa when she remembered agreeing with Rose earlier that George was hot.

"Madame Roseanne? I believe that you were in a rush...", said Jisoo.

Rose nodded and then walked towards The Broken Bull. She looked behind her one more time and smiled at Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo.