Chapter 84: Team Scorpion part 9, Blood Never Lies

Going back a few minutes...

After swapping horses with Mino and Jennie, Lisa and Bambam were now the ones lagging.

They were almost at their destination, but Lisa didn't want to be careless. So as she and Bambam conversed, Lisa kept looking behind her.

"What is it? You can ask me anything, Bambam. You are my advisor and my trusted friend.", said Lisa. With the snowstorm above, and her attention divided, Lisa didn't fully hear what Bambam said next.

"Well... I just wanted to say that I know your secret, Prince Lee.", replied Bambam. "Or should I say*pause* Princess Lisa?"

"Shit... There is something after us.", thought Lisa after she pulled her sword out and dropped the scabbard on the ground behind them.

Learning from what Bambam did earlier, Lisa watched as her scabbard vibrated on the ground and moved.  

"Shhh!" was the only thing that Lisa could say as Kuku kept running as fast as he could.

"Don't worry, though. I'll take your secret to my grave.", promised Bambam, not realizing the trouble behind them.

"I need you to keep going as fast as you can, Bambam. Whatever happens, don't turn back.", replied Lisa very quietly.

"Huh? Why?" Bambam asked.

But instead of getting an answer, Lisa's arm on his shoulder disappeared. Bambam immediately turned the horse around, thinking that Lisa fell off.

"Prince Lee? Did y- WHOA!!"

Kuku panicked and fell over when he saw what Bambam saw. 

*RRWWWWACKKKHH!!*

Standing about forty feet in front of Bambam was Lisa, back turned towards him with a sword in her hand. And lurking in the dark shadows at the edge of the lantern light was a towering male frost worm.

Compared to the female frost worm they encountered before, the males were much bigger and terrifying. They had a pair of pincer-like mandibles protruding out of their mouths and a huge nose able to smell their prey even from afar.

 They had a pair of pincer-like mandibles protruding out of their mouths and a huge nose able to smell their prey even from afar

"Ughh! Shit...", winced Bambam under his breath when he tried to put pressure on his left foot. Looking at his ankle, he could immediately tell that it got sprained from the fall.

"Dammit. Why is he still here?", thought Lisa as she turned around to warn Bambam to stay silent.

"Ughh.", grunted Bambam as he got back on his feet.