Chapter 79: Team Scorpion part 5, The Costly Gift

The group set up camp at the edge of the crystal lake. They tied their horses to the surrounding trees to serve as an early warning if somebody or something approached.

Aang then placed a silver wire around their camp's perimeter and cast the Alarm spell.

Bambam volunteered to cook dinner for the group. He grilled a chunk of dry-aged mutton, given to them by Trombone, over some charcoal and then mashed a few potatoes with buttermilk. To finish it off, he caramelized some mushrooms and made a savory brown sauce using a recipe that he learned from his mother.

"Dinner's almost ready. Where's Jennie and the prince?", asked Bambam to Mino.

Mino pointed towards the lake and answered, "They're washing up."

Both Aang and Bambam's eyes widened.

"Wait. Are they washing up together?", asked Bambam.

"Prince Lee doesn't have to pretend to be a girl in front of us. Why are they-", Aang's statement was interrupted when he looked towards the lake and saw Jennie and Lisa in the middle of the water, smiling at each other as their heads moved closer together. "Are they kissing!? Shouldn't we give them some privacy? But- hold on a second. Why are they? Wait."

"The steak will get tough if they don't eat soon. But we can't shout, can we? Should I go into the water and call the two?", asked a confused Bambam.

Mino sighed and stood up. "If you two haven't realized yet, Prince Lee and Jennie like each other. Prepare the plates. I'll call them."

Mino walked towards the lake while tying a piece of red cloth at the end of his sword. He then waved it in the air for the two to see.

"I think Mino is calling us back.", said Jennie to Lisa as they swam in the lake.

"I still don't think he did the right thing. It's not that I don't see the ogres as monsters. I just have a bad feeling that they would want to get revenge.", said Lisa. She was holding Jennie's hand as they swam in the middle of the lake. On her other hand was Galad tul-, keeping the water warm for both of them.

"From what I've learned from my amma and appa, ogres are notorious for their quick tempers, but they aren't smart. Since they didn't chase us immediately, I think we're fine.", said Jennie. She waved back to Mino with her free hand.

Mino made an eating gesture by bringing his fingers to his mouth.

Jennie replied by pointing at Mino and gesturing for them to go ahead. She then turned around to face Lisa. "Sorry about that. Where were we?"

"Well. I was about to kiss you when Mino interrupted us. Should we just go and eat with them?", asked Lisa.

"Nope! I want more kisses~", answered Jennie while pulling Lisa closer towards her.