Chapter 88: Team Starfish part 9, Dark Dealings

After one minute passed, the indestructible sphere returned to its dormant state. Rose checked if she got any of the figure's blood on her, but her white healing gown was spotless. She noticed the approaching horses and jogged towards them.

"Seulgi asked me to bring them here, but it seems that you don't need help. Nice feet.", said Wannie as she approached on her horse.

"Thank you, Wannie. Stay back, though. We can't have any kind of shadow around our friend.", said Rose as she stopped her sisters from approaching the unconscious figure. "Ladies, may I request that you take him back and find out what you can? Keep him away from shadows and dark areas while you're at it."

"Of course, Madame.", replied a dwarven lady in a baker's cap and apron. She gestured for the others to come forward with lanterns as they wrapped the figure in multiple ropes.

The daylight spell faded right then. And the city guards arrived at the same time.

After casting Remove Curse on George and himself, General Shindong explained everything to the guards. The other members of Team Starfish went back inside the inn to assess the damage.

 The other members of Team Starfish went back inside the inn to assess the damage

George went back upstairs to check on his wife. Jisoo was lying down on a bed, exhausted from the healing, while the monk was praying inside one of the empty rooms. "Hey... It's safe to come down now. Uhmm... We need you down there.", said George, to which the monk nodded.

They went back down to the inn lobby, where the rest of the group had gathered.

And the first thing that the monk saw was General Shindong covering Dahyun's corpse with a white cloth.

The monk immediately kneeled and covered his mouth. Tears fell from his eyes as he crawled towards Dahyun.

One of the city guards entered the inn and saw him, "Ehhh? You're here, too? What are you-- Oh no. I'm so sorry, Eun Woo."

Unable to utter anything, the monk named Eun Woo shouted in silence as he held Dahyun's hand in between his. He pulled it towards his face and kissed Dahyun's white ring, the same ring that Eun Woo had around the ring finger of his left hand.

A crowd slowly gathered outside the Strawberry Moon Inn. General Shindong gestured for Jinu, Rose, and Seulgi to hide upstairs while he and George handled the guards.

Jinu carried the wounded Catropus and placed him in one of the rooms while Seulgi and Rose joined Jisoo in her room to rest.

"Are you okay, Captain? Do you need anything?", asked Jinu.

"I'll be okay with some beer and rest.", said Catropus. He had bruises on his face and a cold compress around his ribs. "We'll have to stay docked for a while. What was that thing?"