Chapter 60: The Harvest Festival part 7, Prelude To Destruction

The first person that Jennie saw upon exiting was General Shindong. And hiding playfully behind him was the familiar face of her friend.

"BOO!", said Seulgi after jumping out from behind the general.

Jennie got on the tip of her toes and wrapped her arms around Seulgi.

"SEUL! You're here! When did you arrive?", asked Jennie excitedly.

"We just arrived this morning. Seulgi wanted to drop by the infirmary, so I accompanied her. We saw Yoon on the way there, and he told us that you were here.", answered Rose as she closed the door.

"You look so beautiful, Jennie. Wow.", said Seulgi.

"I missed you two so much!", said Jennie as she moved on to hugging Rose.

Lisa watched from beside Bambam and General Shindong as the three ladies embraced each other.

"You could join them, your highness.", whispered General Shindong.

"It's fine, General Shindong. I'll get my embrace later.", answered Lisa with a smile.

After the tight hugs and cheek kisses, Jennie remembered the scroll in her possession. She fixed her clothes and approached Lisa. "I believe I was supposed to give this to you, Prince Lee.", said Jennie as she handed the scroll over.

"Thank you, Jennie. And congratulations.", said Lisa. She was smiling like a proud girlfriend as she shook Jennie's hand.

"I am so proud of you, Nini."

"Thank you, Lili."

"Would you like to join us, Prince Lee? We are planning to have a food expedition.", invited Seulgi with a smile.

"I'd love to. But I have to bring these two scrolls to the recordkeeper. You three ladies should go and enjoy. I'll try to join you later once I finish.", answered Lisa.

"Let me accompany you, your highness. I am on my way there as well.", said Bambam. He and Lisa bowed to the others and left ahead of the group.

"How about you, General Shindong? Would you like to join us and eat? My treat.", asked Rose.

"A tempting offer, Madame Roseanne. But I need to prepare for Prince Lee's second trial. It is a long journey, and we will need a lot of supplies.", answered the general.

"Ohhh... Right. Do you need help, general?", asked Jennie.

"It's fine. There are plenty of guards who volunteered to help already. You kids enjoy.", said General Shindong before heading out as well, leaving just Jennie, Seulgi, and Rose.

As they were walking away from the throne room area, Jennie couldn't help but look back.

Rose noticed this and asked, "Why does our new adviser have a troubled look on her face?"

Jennie looked at Rose and smiled, "I am scared that I won't do a good job, Rose."

"You shouldn't let that worry you, Jennie. Tomorrow's problems will be solved by tomorrow's you. What you can do now is to keep improving with each passing day.", answered Rose with a smile.

"That's right, Jennie. And I learned from my training that it's okay to be afraid.", said Seulgi.

Jennie looked at her two friends and let out a sigh of relief. "I missed you two so much."