Chapter 8: The Morning After

Jennie woke up with a splitting headache because of her hangover. She slowly sat up from the bed, and upon opening her eyes, she saw the room spin around her. She closed her eyes tightly and waited for her surroundings to stay still.

After a few minutes, she opened her eyes again and started walking to the washbasin near her bed.

*splash!*

After drying her face with the small white cloth beside her pillow, she slowly stepped out of the room she found herself in. She couldn't remember how last night ended.

"What happened? We were in The Broken Bull talking about what happened. And then I fell asleep...", thought Jennie as she made her way down the stairs.

"Good morning, you voluptuous woman." greeted Somi upon seeing her coming down the stairs. 

The moment Jennie reached the first floor, she was greeted by chuckles from all the courtesans. Some were holding out thumbs up while others were covering their mouths in surprise.

"What's going on? I could hear you all laughing from the back.", said Rose as she left the kitchen and joined the rest of the girls.

Rose was holding a pot cover in one hand and a ladle in the other. She was busy cooking breakfast when she heard the commotion. And when she saw Jennie, her smile widened as she approached the sleepy girl.

"Good morning, Jennie. I didn't know that you were an exhibitionist.", commented Rose. She approached Jennie and brought the pot cover against her chest, and hit Jennie's head with the ladle.

"Huh? Aww!! What's that for?", asked Jennie as she rubbed the spot that Rose hit.

"That's for having bigger breasts than me. Go back upstairs and put something on before Somi decides to eat dessert before breakfast.", ordered Rose.

"What do you mean?", asked Jennie. She looked down and only noticed now that she was completely topless.

"WHY AM I NAKED!", asked Jennie.

"You vomited all over yourself after I carried you upstairs. Somi volunteered to take care of you last night. She cleaned you up real well, but I guess she didn't dress you, though.", said Rose.

"You fell asleep immediately after I washed you, so I didn't risk waking you up again. I left a shirt beside your pillow for you to use.", explained Somi.

"That small white cloth was a shirt?! What would that even cover?", asked Jennie.

"Well. It would cover more than the pot cover. You can pick something in my room.", answered Rose.

Jennie adjusted the slightly warm kitchen tool to cover as much as it could and made a quick dash upstairs. She returned after a few minutes, wearing a tight-fitting red top that was way too short and revealed her tummy.

"Uhmmm... I couldn't find anything that looked comfortable so...", said Jennie while trying to cover her exposed middle with the pot cover.

"Comfort comes with confidence, Jennie. I'm glad that my loose shirt looks better on you. My appetite doubled just by looking at you. Now ladies, shall we eat together?", asked Rose.

The girls joined together the tables at the tavern to form a long table for all of them. They set down plates and cutleries for everyone, measuring the distance between each so that everything looked perfectly symmetrical.