Chapter 75: Team Starfish part 3, Always

After all the pirates have been taken care of, the Southern Wind approached the slowly sinking Squall Eater.

"What's your plan, Shindong? Are we taking them with us, or are we turning back?", asked Catropus.

"Neither. We take the wounded sailors on board temporarily and heal their wounds. Then we let them use the pirate boats. I count three, maybe four that are still intact."

Catropus nodded. He slowed down their ship when they were near Rose.

"Are you hurt anywhere, Madame?", asked Noel as Rose climbed up the side. He extended his hand, which Rose gladly took.

With a strong pull from the twenty-year-old, Rose got back on deck and bumped into Noel. Her free hand, landing on Noel's chest.

"Ohhh. Not bad.", said Rose when she felt the muscles of the young man.

"Sorry. I pulled too hard.", replied the blushing Noel.

"Nah. You pulled just right. I just didn't resist. Sorry for getting you all wet, though. Were you scared?", asked Rose. She smiled at Noel, which made all the other crew members stare at him with jealousy.

"A little bit. I'm thankful that you and the general are on board. Madame, I'm a big fan of yours. But, uhmm. Aren't you standing way too close? You can let go of my chest now."

"Why? Ohhh! That's why. Young and healthy. Sorry for that as well. I was just playing around.", replied Roes as she smirked and walked away. She looked over her shoulder one last time and waved her fingers at Noel.

"What was that about?", asked General Shindong under his breath.

"I checked his heart rate. I wanted to know if he's lying.", answered Rose.

"Well?"

"He was truthful. No sudden spikes aside from when he got excited and showed off his virility."

General Shindong grunted in disbelief. He watched as Catropus called for volunteers to fetch the still floating pirate vessels.

Noel was the first to volunteer. He had one hand raised while the other was pulling the front of his shirt down. When the captain chose him, Noel wasted no time and jumped into the water.

"BRRRR! THAT'S COLD!", shouted Noel. He had no idea how Rose managed to endure swimming and fighting in the cold water.

About five more sailors joined him. They swam towards the free boats just as the Southern Wind stopped beside the Squall Eater.

General Shindong helped with the gangplank to connect the two ships. He crossed over first to make sure that things were clear. And the first person he saw was Jinu lying on the deck with his eyes closed.

"What happened? Are you hurt?", General Shindong asked.

"I'm fine, General Shindong. But this ship is dead in the water. Even if they manage to patch the holes in the hull, the machinery is damaged.", replied Jinu without opening his eyes. A piece of cloth landed over his face as the crew of Southern Wind came aboard to help.

"Sorry. Can't let our crew see who you are.", replied Rose under her breath. She crouched next to Jinu and asked, "Where's Seul?"

"She's in a cabin downstairs. She needed privacy to check the body of one of the pirates."

"One of the pirates? Why?", asked Rose.

"The pirate is Seulgi's best friend.", whispered Jinu. He fixed the towel over his face and held it in place with his hand.