Chapter 93: Mino

"Hmmm... What do you do indeed, Jennie Kim?", repeated the Raven Queen. Millions of ideas entered the Raven Queen's mind, but she didn't say anything.

Jennie had a lot of time on her hands. The judges try each soul by the order that they died. And since Jennie died at the very end of the battle, she would have to wait until the eighty-plus souls on the other ship had finished with their trials.

Also, the Raven Queen knew that Jennie's trial was only a formality. Even before her death, Jennie Kim was deemed worthy of rebirth. Her soul would spend the afterlife in the Elysian Fields, where she gets to choose when and where she would be reborn.

"Uhmmm. Madame Raven Queen? Is that what I call you?", asked Jennie without looking behind her. She was facing the water again. Her tears stopped after she accepted that she was dead. Crying wouldn't change that.

"You can call me Mother or Mistress, child."

"Ohhh. I only have one mother, though. And mistress sounds-- inappropriate. How about Miss Raven. I'll call you Miss Raven. Alright? Can I see what happened to Mino in your creepy magical water, Miss Raven? The real Mino."

The Raven Queen let out a sigh as she stood beside Jennie. With a snap of her fingers, the waters glowed and changed. It showed the last time that Mino and Jennie saw each other.

~

~~~

Back at the Harvest Festival. The day of the test of Prince Lee's future advisers. (Chapter 59: Curia Regis)

 (Chapter 59: Curia Regis)

"Be honest with me, Mino.", whispered Jennie to her friend. "I look bad, don't I? It's weird, right?"

"Of course not, milady.", answered Mino. "AWWW!!!"

Jennie pinched Mino's arm and glared at him cutely. "I'm asking as your friend. Not as servant Jennie, Lady Jennie, or future adviser Jennie."

Mino looked at Kai and smiled at him. "Do you mind?"

Kai understood what Mino meant and walked ahead of the two.

"If you want my honest answer, then I would prefer to see you dressed like this instead of the boring grays and the fancy outfits. You are the most beautiful today of all the other days that my eyes found you. AND, it would look even better if you stop worrying about everybody else's opinion and smile, Nini.", whispered Mino while bumping Jennie's shoulder playfully.

"You sweet talker you. Sheesh! If we weren't close friends, I would assume that you like me or something. Hehehehe. I guess I'm just not used to it yet. But it's comfortable, so I like it. And yes, gray is boring. Hehehe. I'm beautiful, aren't I?" With a smile, Jennie elbowed Mino on the side.