Chapter 70: Team Scorpion part 1, Desert Virgins

"We'll be right behind you, Jennie.", said Mino with a reassuring smile.

"We need to know if we can trust the guide or not.", said Bambam.

"But... I trust everyone. Why send me ahead?", asked Jennie. She looked at Lisa worriedly.

"Because people let their guard down when they see your beautiful smile. You can do this, Nini. I believe in you.", said Lisa.

~~~~~

"Good morning, Aang. I am Lisa Manoban. It's an honor to meet you.", said Lisa. She smiled at their guide and then at Jennie.

"Well? Anything suspicious?", asked Lisa.

"He keeps thinking about his sick mother... and how beautiful I am. Should I probe deeper into his mind? He might notice if I do.", replied Jennie to Lisa. She used Detect Thoughts on Aang, a new spell that she mastered.

 She used Detect Thoughts on Aang, a new spell that she mastered

"That will do for now. Good job, Nini.", replied Lisa in her mind just as Aang bowed to her.

"Lady Lisa. The honor is mine. Is this everyone? According to our guild leader, General Shindong made the request. Won't he be coming with us?", asked Aang to the four good-looking individuals in front of him.

"My uncle hired you on our behalf. Nini, the papers, please.", replied Lisa.

"What papers? Ohhh! The papers! Yes. The papers. Where are the papers?", asked Jennie, who looked confused.

"I have them right here, Jennie. Hehe.", said Bambam. He handed over a scroll to their guide.

"Okay... Party of four. Across the desert with haste. Whispering Corridors. Research on the Crystal Lake. Wait.", read Aang to himself. "It says here that you are only hiring me for a one-way journey. How are you planning to get back?", asked Aang.

"We'll be staying there for a while. Our task is to study the unique crystal patterns that form on the surface of the lake. We'll be camping there for a few weeks. Maybe months.", answered Bambam.

"But the Crystal Lake is in the middle of the forest. Monsters approach it every day to drink from its frozen waters.", said Aang.

"We'll be fine.", answered Mino confidently.

The scroll was an official request from the throne room, complete with the Snow family seal and signatures. The prince himself signed the paper, which made no sense to Aang.

The dangerous mission was approved, but instead of sending an army, the prince sent four unexpected persons; a servant, a guard, a researcher, and a lady.

"Prince Lee approved this?", asked Aang.

"Yes. Prince Lee signed it and gave it to me directly.", answered Lisa.