Chapter 78: Team Starfish part 5, The Good, The God, And The Guilty

Having lost consciousness from the unbearable pain, Rose felt colder and colder until it was too much for her to endure.

~

~~~

~~~~~

Rose opened her eyes and found herself lying down in a bed inside the ship. She was alone. Seulgi was no longer beside her on the bed.

She removed the blanket over herself and sat up.

"My love?", she called out while scratching the bottom of her left foot.

But there was no response.

Rose stood up and walked towards the door. She looked left and right down the passageway. And there was not a single sailor in sight.

The first thing Rose did was change out of her silk pajama. She picked a white dress that was Seulgi's favorite. And then, she stepped out.

*knock knock*

"General? Seul? Are you guys in there?", asked Rose to the room beside hers.

She pushed, and the door swung open, revealing an empty room.

"Where is everyone?", thought Rose as she rubbed the earring on her left ear. "My love? Where did you go?"

...

...

...

No reply.

No sailors were shouting. No ship bell ringing. Not even waves crashing on the side. It was too quiet.

That's when Rose realized that something was wrong. She pulled two daggers from hidden pockets in her dress and stealthily walked to the deck.

But even the deck was empty, too.

Not taking any chances, Rose walked up quietly, looking at every possible hiding spot and listening for any form of sound.

And after about three minutes, Rose realized that she was truly alone.

Rose calmed herself. She focused on her memories, and that's when she remembered what happened. Everything came rushing back, starting from when General Shindong jumped into the water, up to Seulgi's tear-filled eyes when Rose said her final words.

"Farewell, my love."

"I died.", said Rose to herself.

...

"FUCK!!!!!!"

...

...

After calming herself once more, Rose dropped her daggers on the deck and climbed up the crow's nest.

"It's not the Southern Wind. And this isn't the sea of never-ending ice.", realized Rose when she looked around. The calm, unfrozen sea and the bright moon in the middle of the night sky were so different from what she knew.

 The calm, unfrozen sea and the bright moon in the middle of the night sky were so different from what she knew