Chapter 39: The Truth Behind Ograrth part 1, How I Met Your Mother

"I am serious, Sir George. Your daughter has the public's support. She's everyone's favorite. And I can't help but feel excited once she's an official adviser to Prince Lee. I just wish the nobles don't feel threatened and get in the way.", said Mino while they patrolled the city.

Hoony nodded while observing the snow boundary once more. It was like an invisible circular dome was protecting the small town.

"Sir George, this is some kind of magic, right?", asked Hoony.

"Yes. I don't understand how it works or what exactly it is, though. You'll have to ask my wife.", answered George.

They were mid-conversation when they noticed Jinu approaching from the distance.

"You okay, Jinu?", asked Mino while rubbing his stomach. "Got all that meat out?"

"Yeah, can I join you guys?" Jinu asked.

"The more, the merrier. How are things back at the house? Did you catch a glimpse of the ladies, or were they still down in the basement when you left?", asked George.

"Uhmm... When I left, Jennie seemed mad at her mother, sir. The training didn't go as planned.", whispered Jinu to George.

"Oh... *sighs* If it's no bother, would you four be willing to complete two more rounds around town? Another group will take over once you're done. I need to go home right now."

The four guards nodded with no hesitation as George ran back to his home.

Once he entered the front door, he saw Jisoo silently preparing dinner. There was a variety of dishes that were all Jennie's favorites.

George approached her stealthily from behind and placed his arms around Jisoo's waist. "Are we out of salt? Or have your tears been the secret ingredient all this time?", asked George while embracing his wife from behind.

Jisoo didn't say anything. She turned around when she felt her husband's arms and buried her face on George's chest.

"There, there... It's okay. I'm here now. Was anyone hurt? Is our Nini okay?", asked George.

"I almost killed Rose, and Jennie hates me because of it. I made a mistake. I assumed that Rose would dodge since she's a trained assassin. I didn't think that she would protect our daughter."

The two of them sat down as Jisoo explained what happened during training.

George listened quietly while holding Jisoo's hands.

Once his wife had finished talking, George raised Jisoo's chin up. He leaned forward and made sure Jisoo could see his eyes. He smiled at her once their eyes met.

"Our daughter now has precious friends who would lay down their lives for her. The guards were telling me how the people in Almiana were so impressed with how wise Jennie is. I'm sure she'll come around.", said George to his worried wife while caressing her cheek.

"She wouldn't open her room no matter how much I knock. I'm afraid that she went to sleep to see Lisa.", said Jisoo. She was so distraught that she said Lisa's name out loud.

"I'll go check on her, okay?", said George with a smile.

He walked upstairs, pass the master bedroom towards the room at the very end of the second-floor landing.

*knock.. knock. knock knock. knock... knock. knock.*

George waited without saying anything outside Jennie's door.