Chapter 47: Winning At All Costs

Seeing his partner leaving the fight, Jinu immediately changed tactics. He knew that keeping Dusk summoned would soon make him dizzy, and that would affect his speed and concentration. So Jinu got down from Dusk and unsummoned his horse. He held his sword with two hands and walked towards George.

"I can do this. Be patient. Wait for an opening.", thought Jinu as he kept his sight on George.

"Ohhh. A duel. I like it.", said George before approaching Jinu as well.

Jinu increased his pace, from a walk to a slow jog to a run. He wanted to attack first and did so by thrusting forward with his blade, aiming around George's midsection.

"He wants to hit my hand before I draw my blade", thought George when he saw the direction of the blow.

George waited until Jinu's sword was about to hit. He stepped back with his left foot, dodging to the side with precise timing, using the least amount of movement.

Jinu turned on his right heel and jumped, holding his sword above his head. He followed with a heavy downward swing which George had no trouble dodging from as well.

George jumped back as Jinu's sword hit the ground. He stepped on the blade with one foot and drew his katana quickly.

The sun reflected on the blue blade as magical energy gathered on George's weapon. Jinu felt it immediately, and his eyes widened in panic. He let go of his sword and bent over backward as the shockwave passed above his head, cutting a few strands of his blonde hair.

"Good dodge", said George as he swept Jinu's feet, causing Jinu to fall onto his back to the ground.

George sheathed his blade again and kicked Jinu's sword away. He was about to pin Jinu on the ground when his instincts kicked in. He jumped back immediately as a swirl of orange magical energy  burst in front of his face.

Midnight suddenly appeared and tried to poke George on the nose.

"He has a good control of his familiars.", whispered Dara to Jisoo.

Jisoo nodded with a smile. She forgot that she was a little mad at Dara because of how impressive Jinu was fighting.

Midnight flew straight towards George without fear. But George simply grabbed Midnight in mid-air.

"Sorry, birdy. No hard feelings.", said George before squeezing Midnight out of existence.

"HEY! Don't choke my bird!", said Jinu loudly, which caused the other students to giggle.

"Sorry, Jinu *yawn* Ahhh... Don't think I'm yawning because the fight is boring. I'm just really sleepy. You can retrieve your weapon if you want.", said George.

In the few seconds that George's eyes closed from the yawn, Jinu disappeared.

"Whoa... He really did it. Nice", said Rose when she saw the swirling orange energy dissipate from where Jinu was and appear just in front of George.

Jinu immediately felt dizzy when he reappeared, but he threw an uppercut seeing how George was right in front of him.

But George caught his hand and spun him into an armlock.

Jinu couldn't move his arms. He tried to kick backward, but he almost lost his balance when he attempted it. His aching head was not helping at all. And falling to the ground would lead to a sure loss. So he closed his eyes and disappeared again.