Chapter 96: The Two Heroes

"Hey!!! What happened?! ", Rose called out from beside Jisoo after seeing Mino collapse beside Jennie.

"I got her. Go check on them.", said Seulgi, smiling at her beloved.

Rose ran towards Mino and Jennie. She had been staring at his back from fifteen feet away. Without checking for a pulse, Rose knew that Mino was dead.

"What the fuck did you do?", thought Rose as she watched the fake Mino change appearance into a high elf. "And who the fuck are you?"

"How is she?", asked General Shindong after kneeling next to Rose. He placed his palm over Jennie's heart and waited with bated breath.

...   ...   ... *dub*   ...   ...   ...   *dub dub*   ... *dub dub*

He shouted over his shoulder, "SHE'S ALIVE!"

Jisoo and George rushed towards Jennie. George sat her daughter while Jisoo searched for a pulse on Jennie's wrist.

"It's weak, but she has a pulse, George. We need to get her healed. Seul?"

"I'm also tapped out, Miss Jisoo.", answered Seulgi.

"Let's get her to the center, George. The healers are there.", suggested General Shindong as he and George carried Jennie using one of the broken catapult beds.

The three adults rushed towards the bridge, passing Eun Woo, who had just finished taking care of the stragglers around the Northern side.

Eun Woo nocked an arrow as he carefully walked towards the others. All around him were piles of monsters. Most of them looked dead, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Rose was helping Seulgi stand when Eun Woo approached the two. "What happened here?", he asked, noticing the elven corpse in the magic circle. "Who is he?"

"He was Mino. Now, I'm not too sure. I think he gave his life in exchange for Jennie's.", said Seulgi.

"Eun Woo, can you support Seulgi for a second.", said Rose.

"I'm fine, Rosie. I can stand on my own.", said Seulgi, but she almost fell over when she tried. Eun Woo caught her arm and placed it over his shoulder.

Rose kneeled in front of Jin. She repositioned his body so that he was lying on his back. She folded his arms across his chest and closed his eyes.

"Mother. I do not know this man or how he lived his life. But he died to save my best friend. Please..."

Rose was about to leave when she noticed the anklet on Jin's left leg.

"What's that, Rosie?", asked Seulgi.

"If I'm not mistaken, it's the artifact that the two princes used during the fighting tournament. It's how this man pretended to be Mino.", said Rose while pulling the anklet off of Jin's foot. She placed it inside Seulgi's bag of holding before taking Seulgi's other arm.

Together, they walked back to Verona towards the city center.

~~~~~

~~~

Some hours later

~~~