Chapter 6: The Three F's

"Everyone, I'm sorry to say that we have to close early today. We need to take care of the visitors that arrived earlier.", said Rose to the group of people who were still drinking.

"But... I just started with my meal!!"

"You can't do that, Madame! I've waited two weeks to see you perform."

"You can't play favorites just because they pay more! We're your regulars!"

One by one, the patrons began complaining.

Rose allowed everyone to finish saying their piece before she raised one finger to her lips, immediately quieting the whole room.

"Hush now. This inconvenience is a gift in disguise.", Rose announced just as her girls approached each table and wrote down everyone's names.

Once they finished, Rose gathered the pieces of paper and looked at them.

"I see some familiar names here.", said Rose. She looked at the group in front of her and smiled. "and a lot of familiar faces. Are you ready to hear my gift to you all?"

In unison, everyone shouted a loud YES.

"For the next seven days, all the names in this paper may eat and drink for free in The Broken Bull. Companionship, you'll still have to pay for, but everything else is on the house. That includes whatever you've consumed for tonight."

Loud cheers erupted as the men and women jumped up and down. They clinked their tankards and cheered until Rose raised a finger again. And the room fell silent once more.

"Last but not least. The Broken Bull will hold a private performance by yours truly, just for the names on this list. We will set a schedule for once all of you are available at the same time."

Gasps filled the room as the patrons couldn't believe what they just heard. A few of them fell over backward in disbelief while others were crying where they stood.

"But, I need everyone to keep this a secret. And I need everyone to go. Now. Can you do that for me?"

A few heads nodded while some shouted yes. Most of them just grabbed their things and started walking to the door. A few shouted goodbye while others threw flying kisses towards the Madame, which she gladly caught and brought to her heart with a smile.

Once The Broken Bull was empty, Rose nodded to her girls and they locked the bar down, closing all the windows and doors of the first floor, just in time for Somi to go down.

Behind her walked Jennie, a look of worry evident on her face.

And behind Jennie was the prince.

"Somi, could you talk to the ladies for me?", whispered Rose to which Somi nodded.

Rose noticed that Prince Lee was taking out a pouch again, similar to what Jennie gave her before.

"There is no need for that, your highness.", said Rose as she joined Jennie and the prince at their table.

The prince, wearing thick black pants and Rose's yellow silk dress, leaned forward and whispered to Rose.

"Won't they gossip or tell anyone else?", said Lisa to Rose.

"We do not gossip. The truths we learn are weapons, and sharing them implies that we are giving away strength.", answered Rose with a smile.

Jennie's eyes widened at Rose's frankness towards the prince.

But Lisa smiled and nodded in response.