Chapter 63: The Harvest Festival part 10, The Final Round

After some quick healing and cleanup, it was finally time for the final round. Just like the round before, the teams would be fighting one at a time.

And since they were slower in the third round, Lisa's team was the first to go.

"LET THE FOURTH ROUND BEGIN!", shouted Pike as she and Grog disappeared to the sides. The loud cheering slowly mellowed down until there was nothing.

Just silence and tension as both the participants and the audience waited with bated breath.

Lisa, V, and Jennie looked around them as they stood back to back at the center of the arena. Hundreds and hundreds of faces were waiting to see them fight.

Tension filled the air as the three of them whispered to each other.

"Is your stomach okay now, V?", asked Jennie.

"Yeah. That short trip to the bathroom helped a lot. Thank you for accompanying me, Prince Lee."

"That's fine. You're welcome. Can you detect anything, Jennie?", asked Prince Lee.

Before Jennie could cast Detect Magic again, one of the metal gates began moving. It slowly opened as a putrid stench filled the air.

"I don't think I need to.", replied Jennie as she pointed at the open gate.

"UGHH! That smells horrible.", said Prince Lee while sticking his tongue out and gagging.

"I can't smell anything. But I guess the monster is coming from that gate. It looks like they're not making us guess this time.", said V. He adjusted his position to stand in front of the two.

As a result, he was the first one to see the monster that they had to fight.

A grayish-brown mass began to lumber out of the open gate. Chains dangled from manacles around all four of its large, thick feet. It was about fifteen feet in height, with a giant mouth filled with sharp teeth and a large tongue. Three tendrils extend out of its body, whipping in the air and splattering blood all around.

And the worst part of it all was its smell, a combination of disease, feces, and rot. It was an otyugh, a monster that lives in the dirtiest part of the sewers underneath the city. 

It raised its mouth towards the sky, seemingly breathing in the air, recoiling immediately at the sudden freshness around it. The monster shook its head, throwing slimy saliva and blood from its lolling tongue. It coughed out a mass of wet flesh and bones.

Author's Note: Doesn't it look cute? Here's another photo that highlights the tongue