Chapter 46: The Final Test Begins

"Sorry if I couldn't make it to the wedding. I was busy planning the accidental death of a certain dictator down South. You look good. Marriage suits you.", replied Dara. She didn't smile, but she kept eye contact with George.

George released Dara's hand. He smirked and stood proudly in front of Dara as if saying, "I'm so handsome now. Hehehe"

Dara raised one eyebrow and smirked back. She looked at George, from the top of his head, down to his toes.

"Not bad.", thought Dara.

They stood in front of each other for some time. Neither said anything for a while.

"You must be worried about Rose since you came here yourself. Or do you have a client in my small village?", asked George after the awkward minute of silence. He turned around and walked away from the house.

Dara was walking around the village to find whatever it was that was blocking the snow. When she figured out that it was dome-shaped, she went to the center of the dome. And it turned out to be the house where her daughter was at.

She was about to go back to camp when George exited the house and looked around. Dara watched him for a few minutes, and she couldn't help but smile when George fell from the tree to the ground on his butt. A very small part of Dara missed George, so she decided to show herself.

"I only came for my daughter, not for you. I believe our encounter is just an added gift from the Raven Queen.", answered Dara while looking at the gathered snow on top of the dome. It was like a low-layer of white cloud, partially hiding the moonlight.

"A gift for you? Or for me?", asked George. It had been their dynamic before when they used to adventure together. Constantly joking around with each other, flirting a little, and fighting a lot.

"It seems like only your physical body has changed. You still have the mind of a monkey."

"I was simply joking."

"It's a bit late for jokes. And I guess I should return before my ladies decide to launch a search party. The guys who were on patrol are in the stables at the town entrance. Don't worry. We didn't kill anyone.", Dara fixed her hair and walked towards the entrance, placing a hand on George's shoulder as she passed.

"It was tolerable and almost enjoyable seeing you again, Georgie."

"You want to come in and sleep here? We have plenty of space. It should be better than whatever camp you are sleeping at.", said George.

"I don't think my daughter is ready to see me yet. I shall return tomorrow. What time does your training start?", asked Dara.

"At daylight. Why?"

"I wanna see for myself if my daughter's time with your family was productive. The severity of her punishment would depend on that. Good night, Georgie.", Dara smirked one last time before walking away.

"Okay... Good night to you as well.", said George as he watched his former adventuring companion leave the village.

~~~~~

The following day, just before sunrise...

Seulgi woke up from the soft fingers on her cheek. She opened her eyes and saw Rose looking at her.

"Morning.", said Seulgi with a smile.