Chapter 85: Team Scorpion final part, The Siege of Verona

WARNING: very long chapter

Because of a splitting headache, Bambam woke up with a loud groan. He was about to sit up, but Jennie's warning stopped him.

"No sudden movements, Bambam. Your wound is still healing."

Opening his eyes, Bambam saw Jennie cleaning Lisa's neck with a wet towel. It smelled of coriander, lemon, and sage which made Bambam inhale deeply. He closed his eyes again and asked, "Why does my head feel like it's split in two?"

"You got hurt and lost consciousness. But we still don't know why.", replied Jennie.

"The last thing I remember is the monstrous papa frost worm. I should update my monster records.", thought Bambam as he reached for his bag. But it wasn't by his hip.

"Jennie, have you seen my bag? I seem to have misplaced it. I hope it didn't fall off somewhere. The records of our trial are in there as well as my personal books."

"Relax, Bambam. Your bag is on the table beside your bed.", answered Jennie.

"Ahhh. Thank the gods.", replied Bambam as he sighed loudly out of relief.

...

...

...

"Wait. Table beside my bed?" Bambam immediately looked at what he was. Only then did he realize that they were inside a small room and not in the rough desert anymore. "Jennie? Where are we? What happened?"

"We're in Verona, Bambam. Aang got us this room in the Explorer's Guild. We traveled here for sixteen hours and arrived close to midnight yesterday. It's now mid-afternoon the day after. As for what happened, we were hoping you knew."

"I've been unconscious for one and a half days? Shit. It could have been worse if it had lasted longer. But how come I feel full?"

"Aang's been feeding you crushed good berries while I slowly healed you in your sleep."

"I see. Thank you, Jennie."

"Bambam? What happens when a person takes too long to wake up?", asked Jennie without looking over

"I'm not certain how accurate this information is. But medical records say that a part of their brain stops functioning after the second day. The chances of waking up get lower the longer a patient stays asleep. And even when they do, they forget how to speak, move, or do anything. They still breathe and sleep, but aside from that, everything else disappears. The healers refer to them as "vegetables" because of the state that--"*looks at Jennie*

When Bambam saw Jennie, he realized that something was terribly wrong. With bloodshot eyes and a forced smile, Jennie tried to hold back her tears as she nudged Lisa over and over.