Chapter 53: VIP

Author's Message: Because I only published one chapter last April 10th, I combined two chapters this April 15th. Sorry if it's too long for you. Still, I hope you enjoy reading! Please vote and comment if you can. Love you, guys~~ MWAH! <3

"And they are on their way here?", asked Lisa.

"Uh-huh."

"Are you really sure?", asked Lisa for the third time.

"As sure as the snowfall on my head. Their envoys are aboard a ship t'wards here as we speak. Those pointy ears should be arriving lat'r t'day, while the VIP himself will be here t'morrow. Tsk... I should have someone scrub the docks.", answered the dockmaster while cleaning his teeth using a long fishbone.

Everyone knew him as Catropus or simply Captain Cat. He had long pink hair, tied into a man bun above his head. It was a unique hair color, especially since it kept getting darker as you go down his sideburns. His beard and mustache were both very dark brown, a sharp contrast from his bright pink hair.

"NOT THAT THE DOCKS ARE DIRTY, YOUR HIGHNESS. It's just better to have it more clean instead of just clean. Hehehe... Please don't inspect the docks.", begged Captain Cat as he gestured for some officers to start cleaning before the prince decided to take a stroll. He searched for the ship manifest that had the envoys aboard and passed it over to the prince.

Captain Cat's behavior was nothing new to the prince. There was a rumor around the docks that he used to be a pirate before meeting Nayeon, his wife. Regardless if it was true or not, the only thing that mattered to Lisa was his excellent administration and communication skills.

"Can you send the envoys a message for me?", asked Lisa as she looked at the names of the envoys on the list of passengers of the arriving ship. Lia Zyrennal and Rohan Elthir.

"Of course! I wouldn't say no to the prince now, would I? Hehehe. What would you like to say, your highness?"

"Inform them that Prince Lee, son of the late King Moosong, had just been informed of their arrival. And that he is honored to receive them. Ask them when the prince would arrive? And how big his group would be.", said Lisa.

Captain Cat closed his eyes while chewing on a grilled herring. After a minute and a half, he opened his eyes again and faced Lisa.

"They said that it is an honor to meet the future king of their allied nation. And that Prince Vax'ildan, those elves and their fancy name, would be arriving t'morrow before evening with one guard. Counting the two envoys, that would be a total of four elves in their group. That's all they said, your highness.", relayed Captain Cat.

"Their group is smaller than what I anticipated. Thank you. I will have to prepare the best accommodations for them immediately. As much as I want to treat everyone equally, this is the first time that an Elven prince would be joining our festival. If there are any changes, please contact me, Captain Cat. It was a pleasure dining with all of you.", said Lisa before standing up and bowing to Captain Cat.

Lisa paid for their meal and ran back to the carriage.

The guards were still eating when they saw Lisa running towards them. They immediately packed their meals again and prepared to leave.

"To The Broken Bull, please. The quicker we get there, the better.", said Lisa as she entered.

"As you wish, your highness."