Chapter 38: Experience Is The Worst Teacher

Because of its enormous body, the ogre moved sluggishly and was easy to hit. Its legs faltered with each step due to its own weight.

The only problems were its muscular arms and the spiked club it was holding.

"It moves slowly, but its swings are fast and strong.", said Jinu after watching Midnight evade the wide swing from their enemy.

"I think Midnight is just making it angrier.", said Jennie from behind Jinu.

"STOOOOPIIDDD BIRDDD!! OGRARTH EAT YOU!!!", shouted the ogre named Ograrth after Midnight pecked his eye.

Seulgi fell backward when he saw the ogre. She was trembling from fear and on the verge of tears. She looked around her for the way back to the classroom, but it was gone. She was in the middle of a meadow. There was nowhere to hide, and a ten-feet tall monster was planning to eat her.

She pinched her arms to the point where they bled, but she wouldn't wake up. And then she saw the ogre approaching them.

"I want to go home... Please... Miss Jisoo, I want to go home.", begged Seulgi while holding her legs up. She had her head buried in her knees, refusing to look at the monster that was coming for them.

"I can send you back, Seulgi. But only you. Will you leave your friends and escape?"

Only Seulgi heard the voice. She looked up and saw Jinu putting stuff into his pocket. A few feet from him was Jennie with her eyes closed and palms out in front. Seulgi watched as a pair of daggers appeared in Jennie's hands.

"Here. I tried to make the blades as sharp as I could.", said Jennie before giving the daggers to Rose.

"They're perfect. Finally, I can cut something again. Miss Jisoo, if you want to see me use magic, I need a few things.", said Rose. She smiled excitedly as she tried the weapons that she missed so much.

"What else do you need? Describe them to me. I can't fight, but I can support you guys from the back.", said Jennie.

Jisoo watched as her daughter conjured some material components for Rose. Her Nini had a composed and determined face despite the threat that was upon them.

"Perfect... Thank you, Jennie." Rose was about to join Jinu, who was keeping the ogre busy with his familiar's help, when she saw Seulgi on the grass, crying.

"Stand... Please... You have to help them.", said Seulgi to herself while punching her own legs.

"Hey, stop. Why are you hitting your legs?", asked Rose. She kneeled down and held Seulgi's wrist.

"My legs won't stop shaking... I don't know what to do...", said Seulgi in between sobs. She lifted her head and looked at Rose. "How could you be smiling right now?"

"Because I can finally pay you back for taking care of me all this time. Just sit there and watch me, okay?", said Rose with a very confident smile. She was about to stand and leave when Seulgi held her hand.

"No... Don't go...", begged Seulgi.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." Rose made sure to use her calmest, most reassuring tone. She looked at Seulgi and nodded. She felt Seulgi's grip start to loosen.

"Don't get hurt...", whispered Seulgi.

"I won't."

"Promise me."