Chapter 44: Reunion

"Oh, no... What do we do? Do we have to fight, amma? Can't we take Lisa to my dream world", asked Jennie. A towel appeared in her hand to wipe Lisa's bloody nose with.

"Don't call her that, Nini. Someone might be listening.", replied Jisoo without using her voice. The two other girls nodded silently.

"Do we have no other choice but to run? Is that our only option?", asked Lisa. She shook off her mild headache and grabbed her sword once more.

"Let's go back to my dream, amma. We can use that door.", suggested Jennie.

But Jisoo shook her head.

"We can't leave Prince Lee's dream unguarded. She could manipulate things here and gather information. She could ask questions and torture people if they refuse to answer. I spent plenty of energy turning everybody in Jennie's dream into ants. I can't do it again in yours.", said Jisoo to the two.

They still haven't left Lisa's room. Jisoo saw servants walking around when she teleported out of the room earlier. Lady Lalisa was outside, along with guards and servants. And somewhere in Lisa's dream was a version of her daughter.

"If whoever this is gets ahold of Lisa's version of Jennie, then no secret is safe."

"But they aren't real people, right amma?", asked Jennie. She didn't know what to do. She kept pacing back and forth.

"But the information they know is real, Nini. And she would kill them with no hesitation."

"If I am aware that they know my secret in real life, they probably know it here as well.", said Lisa. "The snowfall is getting worse, Lady Jisoo.", she added when she looked outside the window.

"Our only option is to wake you up. If we manage to do that, every dreamwalker in here would either wake up or be pushed back to their own dream world. I'll see how long we have."

Jisoo closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

"She's still far, somewhere underground. The Catacombs, I think. Whatever connection she had with Prince Lee is down there."

"You keep calling her she, which means this intruder is a girl, right? And you keep saying that she's dangerous. Is she a ghost that we pissed off? Do you know who it is, amma?", asked Jennie.

"The Catacombs... Are we connected by my Trial of Combat?", asked Lisa after.

Jennie's eyes widened. She stopped pacing and summoned her small trusty blade. "What if it's Taemin!? Or is it Loren again? When will that ugly, tattooed scarecrow leave us alone? Are you sure that it's a girl? Brrrrr, it's too cold.", complained Jennie. A thick coat appeared over her shoulders.

"It's neither of them. Those two are definitely dead. But it is possible that Taemin connects you three. You were both responsible for killing him. And I believe that this dreamwalker had a special relationship with the Wolf King.", explained Jisoo.

She closed the door to the room and sat the two younger girls on the bed. Thick blankets appeared on either side of the two.

"It's Chu, one of the four leaders. Loren said that she has ice magic.", said Lisa while placing a blanket over Jennie's shoulder.

"Ohhh... That's right. And she's Taemin's right hand. Thank you, Li- I mean Prince Lee.", said Jennie.

"Chu? ... The name is unfamiliar to me. Whoever she is, she's on her way. She's at the downtown market now. We need to wake you up, Prince Lee. I've thought of three ways to do that. Let's try the first. Jennie?"