2 - Dont Lie

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring throughout the room. I groaned as I lazily kicked my feet over the bed to stand up and press the button to turn it off. I changed out of my pajamas and into some fresh clothes, I still haven't been given any uniforms so my normal clothes would have to do for now. I wore something that I wouldn't mind if it got dirty.

As soon as I finished placing my hair in a bun there was a knock at my door. I went over to open it and was greeted by brunette haired man with sparkling green eyes. He stood there with a smile on his face, which I found to be a little odd seeing as I have yet to see anyone smile here, "Hi I'm Adam, I'm suppose to take you to our hangar and show you where the TIE-fighters are."

I gave him a small smile back, "Hi Adam I'm (y/n)," I held my hand out to him for a shake and he shook it gently before letting go, "I'm glad you're here, I have no doubt in my mind that I would've gotten lost." I chuckled lightly as I walked out and the mechanical door closed behind me. I debated on getting breakfast  first but I was anxious to get started.

"Everyone gets lost, I've been here for three months and I still get lost every once in awhile. It's a big place." His face still held a smile and his pearly whites shined when they were hit by the ceiling lights. "Come on, lucky for you the hangar is not far from your room and is just down here." He gestured for me to follow him and I walked along side him.

"So what is it you do here?" I'm not one to start small conversations but I didn't want our little walk to be filled with awkward silence.

"I'm the weapons expert, I built some of the machinery that they want you to place on the fighters. That's why they chose me to walk you." He turned to the side to give me a warm grin, "Although they didn't tell me how beautiful you are."

A slight blush appeared on my cheeks and I let out a nervous chuckle, "Thanks, that's sweet of you." I didn't know what else to say, I've never received such a forward compliment like that before. It took me a bit off guard. Was I supposed to compliment him back? He was handsome but I wasn't the flirting type.

"Don't mention it," He winked and pushed open a door to reveal a big room with multiple rows of TIE-Fighters, he walked over to the far right and placed his palm on the first one. "This is the one you will start with, as soon as you're done, Lord Vader is going to see if he likes it and if he does," He gestured to the entire room, "You'll do the rest."

My heart raced at the mention of the Dark Lord, I had almost forgot that he was going to be coming here, "And um what if it's not to his liking?" I asked slightly afraid of the answer.

His smile faded, "It was nice knowing you."

"What?!" I exclaimed with wide eyes and his smile returned with a laugh.

"I'm kidding if he doesn't like it he will give you a second chance. But he never gives three, so remember that." He half smiled and patted the ship. "Everything you could possibly need will be over there," He pointed over the the corner of the room and there was a station filled with tools and well everything a mechanic could dream of having. "And my weapons that you'll be applying are in there," He pointed to a crate that was right next to the ship.

"Thanks I guess I'll get started then." I sighed and walked over to the station and started to grab what I believed I would need.

"Good luck." He smiled at me before turning to leave the room.

I sighed heavily when he was no longer in the room, no pressure, I got this. I just needed to remind myself that I'm the best. That's why I'm here.