50-Broken

(Song on top starts here; highly recommend, it gives the scene more of an emotional touch.)

(y/n)'s POV
Anakin and I sat on the floor of the cockpit as the ship was set into hyperspace to take us back to the Death Star. He's hardly spoken since he came for me, I was currently cleaning the cuts that were on his chest, none of them were bad or deep. But some still had glass shards inside of them, "Do you want to tell me what's on your mind?" I finally broke the long silence that sat between us.

He sighed as he looked up to meet my worried eyes, "Nearly four years," He leaned his head back against the cold metal of the ship while I continued to bandage his chest, "Four years I've had this life. Ive killed without remorse, I burned down cities, I endured endless torture from my Master, I even destroyed an entire planet, killing billions." He sighed as he closed his eyes, "A man like me can never go back to being who I used to be. I'm no longer Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight, savior of the republic, he died in that room. I'm Darth Vader, a murderous and merciless demon who causes people to cower in fear, just by the sound of his name." When he spoke, I didn't feel like he was talking to me. It felt like he was talking to himself, "I feel lost." He whispered as he opened his eyes and a tear escaped down his cheek.

I raised my hand and wiped it away, "Then look at me." I spoke softly as I reminded him of the words he used in his vows. He said that whenever he feels lost, all he has to do is look at me, and everything makes sense again.

His eyes flickered up to meet mine, I wasn't used to seeing the look I saw, he looked so, broken. He smiled, but I could still see the sadness he held. He reached his hand up and brushed my hair behind my ear, "You're the only thing that's keeping me from completely falling apart right now."

I grabbed his hand and kissed it gently, "And I'll always be here to hold you together. But I want you to tell me what happened in there." Whatever it was, has done something to him. He's more emotionally conflicted than he ever has been. I see it in his eyes, it's clawing away at him.

He dropped his hand down, "I've learned something and it's something I wish that I didn't," He sighed as he looked away from me, "Other than finding you. I hate how my life has turned out," He began to cry softly, "I wish things went differently. I wish the order would have just let me go, I could have had a better life. But then they did what they did, which broke me and ultimately robbed me of a happier future. Now I just learned that Palpatine, the one I considered a savior in a way, was the one who killed Ahsoka. He manipulated me while I was at my lowest and led me to believe that it was all the orders fault, even though it still is their fault, he was the one who took away her innocent life." He revealed and I felt my jaw drop, I can't believe it was really him. No wonder he feels so conflicted right now, every person he's ever trusted has betrayed him or lied to him, "Everything is so fucked up and the worst part is, it's too late to do anything about it. It's too late to go back, I'm heavily shackled to this life, I'm shackled to him." He chuckled as he looked back up to me, "It's funny really, when I left Tatooine I thought I was leaving the life of slavery. Now look at me, I was a slave to The Order, and now I'm a slave to The Empire. I've never been free and I never will be." He dropped his head down and he continued to cry. I immediately got closer to him and pulled him into a hug, "I'm so angry, they made me into a broken shell of who I used to be," He cried into my shoulder, "I fucking hate them all."

"I'm so sorry Anakin." I felt myself start to cry as well, I could feel his pain, he's never had an easy life. He's a good person and he doesn't deserve all of this hate and pain that he's had to endure, "We can run." I whispered but I felt him shake his head.

"He will find us and I can't risk your life anymore than I already have just by being with you. If anything happens to you, I-" He pulled away and looked into my eyes, "I wouldn't survive it."